8 minutes ago, spikeseagulls said:

Same!!! Like am I not even worthy enough for a rejection email?!?!?! Lol

Should feel grateful in some small way as Davis’ rejection letters are notoriously rude af. 

18 minutes ago, spikeseagulls said:

Same!!! Like am I not even worthy enough for a rejection email?!?!?! Lol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ hoping they just haven’t made decisions about us yet

10 minutes ago, vondafkossum said:

Should feel grateful in some small way as Davis’ rejection letters are notoriously rude af. 

Ok I was MORTIFIED reading comments on these from years past. Honestly idk if I would’ve applied if I had known about it. I hope for their sake they stopped communicating in that way...

11 minutes ago, MedievalIllusions said:

What are the odds of more NYU acceptances coming out? Or should I mark it as an implied rejection if I haven’t heard anything?

I'm wondering the same!

On 2/10/2020 at 5:09 PM, Ida16 said:

Haha! I feel you. Also, from your profile it seems that that you are also one of those to whom UC Davis hasn't notified. If it helps, I emailed them last week and they said the review process is still on. 

Paying it forward...my advisor At CUNY is on sabbatical and wrote, re: my impatience/reading of a few acceptances, “I have no idea what's going on at the GC--but I don't think the fact that a couple of acceptances have gone out is meaningful. 

Some insight into CUNY Comp Lit: they said they’re conducting all their interviews this week and next, and should have decisions out by the end of next week. Good luck to everyone who applied!

Anyone willing to claim the Rochester acceptance? One of my favorite programs so kudos to you !!!

2 minutes ago, MedievalIllusions said:

That was me! And thanks!!!

Congrats! I did my BA at Rochester. They have some great resources for medievalists (assuming that is your subfield)!

53 minutes ago, Wimsey said:

Congrats! I did my BA at Rochester. They have some great resources for medievalists (assuming that is your subfield)!

Thanks! Yes, I'm super excited about their medieval stuff!! It's the main reason I applied. I really love the program, and there are just so many great opportunities for medievalists there!

3 hours ago, spikeseagulls said:

Wow ngl, I'm pretty embarrassed about posting this in the wrong place:

I was contacted by the DGS at UC Irvine for an interview (video I'm guessing) and I'm shocked ngl. Happy shocked though! I just received a rejection from a significantly lower ranked school today, so I kind of assumed the worst lol.

Congrats! :) Good luck on the interview. Being contacted for this is an extremely good sign. Fingers crossed.

Edited by ArcaMajora

45 minutes ago, ArcaMajora said:

Congrats! :) Good luck on the interview. Being contacted for this is an extremely good sign. Fingers crossed.

Ran out of reactions, but thank you so much!!! 🥰

11 hours ago, Lblack said:

Thank you so much! I’m still in shock. I only applied to three schools, and UCR was my top choice. So this was best-case scenario for me. I was really hoping to be able to stay in Southern California since I have a kindergartner and moving would be difficult. I’m so excited about the award since I don’t have to teach my first year now (and because of the additional $). I was anticipating a much more stressful wait, so I’m incredibly relieved. 

I went there for my undergrad and kept tabs with some of the faculty. PM me if you have any questions about faculty. Some have left since my time there but I'm familiar with most.

UCR has a great department and good people in it. Enjoy every second of it! 

It seems odd that there are only 2 acceptances on the board for both Brown and NYU this year given that there are typically 4–6 on TGC for those programs. My best guesses are that either those programs are both admitting smaller cohorts this year (given lack of placement across the board in recent years) or that others who use TGC received offers but have not gotten around to posting them yet. Either way, I'm taking a loss on NYU.

Edited by Indecisive Poet

1 hour ago, Indecisive Poet said:

those programs are both admitting smaller cohorts this year (given lack of placement across the board in recent years)

This seems to be a recurring theme across disciplines in the humanities — and a truly fascinating development.

33 minutes ago, Indecisive Poet said:

It seems odd that there are only 2 acceptances on the board for both Brown and NYU this year given that there are typically 4–6 on TGC for those programs. My best guesses are that either those programs are both admitting smaller cohorts this year (given lack of placement across the board in recent years) or that others who use TGC received offers but have not gotten around to posting them yet. Either way, I'm taking a loss on NYU.

I wouldn't give up on Brown just yet. I was notified by email quite late yesterday, and the DGS said it was meant to be a phone call (but I don't have a working phone and had alerted the department about this, since it stopped working after I submitted apps w/contact details). I have a feeling the letter via portal will come in the next week or so, and people will be notified by phone leading up to it!

Anyone heard anything from Brandeis? They usually send out acceptances/rejections by the first week of February but there's only one rejection on the board. 

Happy Wednesday, everyone! 

32 minutes ago, CanadianEnglish said:

Anyone heard anything from Brandeis? They usually send out acceptances/rejections by the first week of February but there's only one rejection on the board. 

I emailed them last week and they said they're still evaluating and didn't give me an approximate date for decisions.

Just now, StormChild said:

I'm in at Purdue! and with that... I'm happy to say that my application season is over. I'm so excited!

I am sooo jealous that your season is over. Shut out or not, I’m waiting on 8/9 schools and have no patience. I’m tired and sick of the will they won’t they. Congrats!!!!

6 hours ago, Indecisive Poet said:

Another possibility is that they nominated a few people for fellowships, so they had to process their acceptances first. I'm wouldn't mark it is an implied rejection till monday. this cycle I had one implied rejection turn to an acceptance and another into a waitlist