1 minute ago, onerepublic96 said:

Just got waitlisted at Michigan! It’s silly but this makes me so happy and gives me so much hope both for Michigan and for the remaining programs I have yet to hear from. 

If you were offered admission and are likely not going to accept, please let them know!! I’m absolutely in love with Michigan and it would be the greatest thing to get off that waitlist!

It seems like you've had a particularly stressful season and it makes me really happy to hear that you've received some good news! I hope you get in off of the waitlist!!

6 minutes ago, jm6394 said:

Messed up that I’m excited for mine to come so I can be closer to committing 

Big mood. I'm almost looking forward to that inevitable Harvard rejection, just so I can get closer to decision time.

3 minutes ago, onerepublic96 said:

Just got waitlisted at Michigan! It’s silly but this makes me so happy and gives me so much hope both for Michigan and for the remaining programs I have yet to hear from. 

If you were offered admission and are likely not going to accept, please let them know!! I’m absolutely in love with Michigan and it would be the greatest thing to get off that waitlist!

Yay, I'm so happy for you!

20 minutes ago, onerepublic96 said:

Definitely not silly! Congrats and I hope it comes through!

20 minutes ago, alittlebitofthat said:

Hmmm... ?  So what happens if you haven’t heard from Michigan yet? HOPE! The kind of possibilities that I’m conjuring up! Maybe Brown will send their final acceptances this week. Maybe they can only inform 1-2 people everyday!  Maybe I won’t get in anywhere, and then I’ll get an offer from Harvard! 
How this messes up with our heads! How we let it! 

I also haven’t heard from Michigan, though I did apply to the joint English/Women’s Studies program. Are you just English?

1 minute ago, Kelsey1599 said:

My POI was pretty sure I made the waitlist for UCONN but I have not received the coveted email like the other folks. Does this mean I should expect a rejection instead?

I wouldn't lose hope just yet! Mine came in like 3 minutes ago, which looks a little later than the other ones that already went out. Good luck!

Just now, alittlebitofthat said:

What’s up with Virginia, by the way? Only three acceptances on the board! 

Virgiiiiiiinia, VirgIIIIIIInia.... please finish notifying! 

Last year there were only four round-one acceptances, all on one day, so three might be it... and they didn't release rejections for nearly a week. 

I also got wait-listed at UConn and rejected at Michigan. I couldn't get into Michigan last year either, which is a shame since their medieval program is so friggen strong. I'm up to 6 rejections now, which means numbness is starting to set in. I'm looking forward to moving into insanity so that I can cackle madly in front of my cats.

I'm grateful for my one acceptance, but I'm crossing my fingers, toes, legs, and eyes for the remaining 5. I just need Brown and BU to put me out of my misery. 

I applied to Cornell's Comp Lit program and figured that I had been rejected awhile back when I saw other folks get in but I was just emailed asking if I would be okay with the Medieval Studies program considering it and now I'm flipping out because I'm not sure where I stand or -how- good of a sign this is?!?!?!

1 hour ago, alittlebitofthat said:

Hmmm... ?  So what happens if you haven’t heard from Michigan yet? HOPE! The kind of possibilities that I’m conjuring up! Maybe Brown will send their final acceptances this week. Maybe they can only inform 1-2 people everyday!  Maybe I won’t get in anywhere, and then I’ll get an offer from Harvard! 
How this messes up with our heads! How we let it! 

8 minutes ago, alittlebitofthat said:

just got my Michigan offer. 6 years funding. Fuck. 

I am absolutely LIVING for this play by play. Congratulations!!