2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

I don't have enough space to upload anything here or on the other post anymore so here's a link to the decision dates data since 2012. Only includes schools from the top 100 USNWR. It shows fewer posts from Harvard/Princeton/NYU than the reality because I filtered with "political science" and not "government" or "politics". ?

6 hours ago, Curious Bean said:

After another wave of NW rejections, I still haven't heard anything and no change has been made in the portal. Anyone else?

I just looked up NW's pattern of results for last year and saw that a considerable number of rejections continued into March, so I won't get my hopes up about it.?

Claiming unofficial rejection from Penn. Got an email from a professor I’ve been hoping to work with and have been in contact with for a while. Super super upset since Penn happens to be such an excellent fit for my niche interest and I am geographically bound to this area due to kids. Apparently it was a really competitive year. 

15 minutes ago, PoliSci4FlyGuys said:

Got a super strange acceptance from Columbia just now. Email was "decision letter available" via portal implying a rejection but it was in fact an acceptance. Odd. 

Nothing from department.

12 minutes ago, mathinduction said:

Yep--I got the same thing!

Same! I'm so happy!

Hi folks: for people who got in to UCSD or UCD, would you mind sharing what sort of research experience, LORs, GPAs and GRE scores you had?  I am going for a reapplication next cycle and want to strengthen my app. 

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, notatomato said:

Hi folks: for people who got in to UCSD or UCD, would you mind sharing what sort of research experience, LORs, GPAs and GRE scores you had?  I am going for a reapplication next cycle and want to strengthen my app. 

Thanks! 

I didn't apply to UCD, but I applied and got in to UCSD and am happy to share details via PM if you want to reach out. 

So I still have not heard back from UCLA and I know that they sent out their acceptances and, as far as I know, they have not sent out their rejections so i assume that I got rejected but does anyone know when they're planning on sending out the rejections and if anyone has gotten waitlisted yet? 

3 hours ago, LetMeInPLS said:

So I still have not heard back from UCLA and I know that they sent out their acceptances and, as far as I know, they have not sent out their rejections so i assume that I got rejected but does anyone know when they're planning on sending out the rejections and if anyone has gotten waitlisted yet? 

I emailed the department exactly a month ago to confirm that they received my GRE scores. Lol, the director of student services responded to my email about an hour ago to tell me that they received them. But no word on a decision...