Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

22 hours ago, hopelesslyhopeful said:

Has anyone heard back from University of Miami's counseling program post-interview? If so, what PI? Thanks :)

I was notified that I was waitlisted via phone today. I saw on the counseling grad cafe results page that someone else was too. 

I'm new here and literally having heart palpitations about interviews. Has anyone interviewed at University of Denver or Loyola University, both PsyD, yet? My interviews are coming up and I've been preparing but this is my first cycle applying so I've never had an interview before and I'm really nervous! 

On 2/12/2021 at 9:42 AM, clinicalpsychphd2021 said:

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if all interview invitations have been sent out for U of Illinois, Chicago?! Thank you! :)

hi! So interview day already passed and i believe offers have been made as well. hope this helps!

On 2/11/2021 at 10:52 AM, rainbow56 said:

Anyone heard from UNC Charlotte clinical health program (post interview) yet?

I haven't! I know they said they were interviewing people who couldn't make it to the 1/29 interview data but I feel like its been enough time they must have been able to meet with everyone. I was going to email either the PI or the student buddy I was assigned today to ask for a timeline, but I'm not sure if that will come across as annoying and I don't want to hurt my chances if they have yet to decide. I don't know if its acceptable to check in considering its been over 2 weeks and there hasn't been an update!

3 hours ago, hello_psych said:

As per the results page, TC Admissions Day was supposed to be last week. For the people who interviewed, can you share how many applicants were there in the panel?

I think around 30 to 35 and they're accepting 5-8 students.

35 minutes ago, PychPhD9 said:

Is there a web page that you guys can share that tells you basically the research interests of faculties across all the universities in the U.S.? 

As far as I know, there is no central website. Each program has faculty bios. One approach I used was to look up articles in my topic of interest and see where those people are located and then search that program. You can also go to the APA list of accredited programs and just search every university program page of programs you may be interested in. I believe the insider's guide book lists faculty interests, but the online bios are most likely going to be more up up date. 

Does anyone know when the clinical programs at USF and Rutgers will inform us of acceptance decisions? I'm assuming sometime this week, but was unable to attend their official interview days to hear exact dates. I'd be so appreciative if anyone who knows could DM me!

1 hour ago, PychPhD9 said:

Is there a web page that you guys can share that tells you basically the research interests of faculties across all the universities in the U.S.? 

It's not necessarily a webpage but the Insiders Guide to Clinical and Counseling Psychology Programs will give you an overview of research interest present within each APA program. However, it does not list specific faculty names. It is still a useful tool in finding a general research match though!