Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

Just now, cathySW said:

I emailed admissions and they say the letter Will be on my file shortly after the status changes 

Thank you! Do you know any info about scholarships? I know Ryerson right away told the amount. 

Just now, Lulu21 said:

Thank you! Do you know any info about scholarships? I know Ryerson right away told the amount. 

The admissions team said the amount will be on the offer letter, but I kindly asked in advance if I could receive more information and they emailed me the funded package. 

On 3/15/2021 at 9:39 PM, canadabc123 said:

I just received my offer from UBC Okanagan for the MSW foundational program. I hope those of you who applied to this program, will hear soon from UBCO.

Congrats!!! I got my offer from UBCO as well for the 2 year program and I have until April 14th to decide. Still waiting on UofT to let me know. Did you accept your offer and if so how much deposit are they asking for? 

Hey guys!

I've been reading the last few pages, and congratulations to everyone who has gotten in to their desired schools!

Just a question for those who have experience with this. Is it possible to get accepted into a program when you are currently completing your last year courses that are required for part of the admission? I'm currently waiting to hear from UofT's MSW (as most of you are), but I am currently in my final year courses. Just wondering if any of you know the answer to this, or should I basically expect a waitlist if it's not a denial. Thanks everyone!

3 minutes ago, matty16 said:

Hey guys!

I've been reading the last few pages, and congratulations to everyone who has gotten in to their desired schools!

Just a question for those who have experience with this. Is it possible to get accepted into a program when you are currently completing your last year courses that are required for part of the admission? I'm currently waiting to hear from UofT's MSW (as most of you are), but I am currently in my final year courses. Just wondering if any of you know the answer to this, or should I basically expect a waitlist if it's not a denial. Thanks everyone!

I was waitlisted right out of undergrad but I doubt that had anything to do with not having yet completed my courses and graduated. Other people I know were accepted who were finishing the same time I was :) They'll assess based on your midterm grades. Best of luck! 

4 hours ago, fatnrad said:

Got a call from Pip to send in my official transcripts before they could proceed on an offer of admission. I applied for the advanced standing stream. Because it's not official, nothing has changed on MyFile etc. Congrats to everyone! 

Did you graduate already ? I am complaining my last semester. I got my acceptance today but Pip did not call me to ask for my official transcript. Thanks 

On 3/25/2021 at 7:12 PM, Alex24 said:

Wondering if either of you could share details about the accepted applications? Gpa / experience?

My GPA was a 3.67. I did my BSW so I had three different social work agency placements/internships, which gave me a variety of roles within social work, and I had one year of field experience before I applied for my MSW. I also had volunteering experience. Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Lulu21 said:

Did you graduate already ? I am complaining my last semester. I got my acceptance today but Pip did not call me to ask for my official transcript. Thanks 

Not sure if this is any comfort but I received an offer for Waterloo's advanced standing MSW a few weeks ago and I am currently in my last semester of my BSW. I would guess that it's fine to still be in your undergrad now, unless it's explicitly stated otherwise on their admissions page.

I forgot to post on here, but I was accepted into Windsor's 2 year MSW earlier this week! Still haven't heard anything from U of T, Laurier, or York. Starting to get anxious cause I need to figure out where I'm going to be living some time in the next couple weeks. Landlords are the worst ?

1 hour ago, Sofiaofspace said:

I forgot to post on here, but I was accepted into Windsor's 2 year MSW earlier this week! Still haven't heard anything from U of T, Laurier, or York. Starting to get anxious cause I need to figure out where I'm going to be living some time in the next couple weeks. Landlords are the worst ?

Congratulations!! Were you initially on the waitlist or was it a straight acceptance?

17 hours ago, matty16 said:

Hey guys!

Hi, I have been accepted to the Advanced Standing MSW at U of T. I will be completing my BSW courses next month and my practicum in August. As long as you finish before the September start and maintain the required average ( I think it is a B ), you should be okay. I will have to provide a letter I think in June from my current university to state that I will be finishing and also an updated transcript. Hope this helps. 

3 minutes ago, MSW2020lm said:

ahhhhhh how's everyone holding up?  I am so anxious to get the decision for the 2 year MSW at UofT. I've been checking Acorn all day lol

I feel you, I just want answers for U of T or Laurier. But have they ever accepted on the weekend before? I imagine everything will happen early next week. 

Congratulations to everyone that's gotten acceptances! ??? and hang in there two-year applicants, I've been down this road before and the waiting does not get any easier. 

Does anyone know whether York does rolling admissions for their advanced standing MSW? Several people were accepted yesterday, but my portal did not update. I only have a few days left to accept my U of T offer, would be really nice to know before then! 

FYI for those waiting on the two-year decision from York, I received my rejection via an email notification on April 15 in 2019. Hope that gives you a better idea of timeline.

Have a great weekend and take care :) 

3 hours ago, aspiring-academic said:

Congratulations to everyone that's gotten acceptances! ??? and hang in there two-year applicants, I've been down this road before and the waiting does not get any easier. 

Does anyone know whether York does rolling admissions for their advanced standing MSW? Several people were accepted yesterday, but my portal did not update. I only have a few days left to accept my U of T offer, would be really nice to know before then! 

FYI for those waiting on the two-year decision from York, I received my rejection via an email notification on April 15 in 2019. Hope that gives you a better idea of timeline.

Have a great weekend and take care :) 

In 2020 I received my rejection from York on June 15th....it was ridiculous ? I'm really unclear what their process is. 

21 hours ago, Lulu21 said:

Are you a current York student? I don't think Pip would have contacted you if it wasn't necessary. For example, I have a previous Bachelor of Arts and then I just completed my final coursework for a BSW in December. I didn't give official transcripts for either--technically I haven't graduated from my BSW yet. I genuinely don't think Pip would have contacted you if it wasn't necessary. Again, I haven't received an official acceptance offer. I have a month to get York my transcripts, otherwise I won't get an official offer. Did you receive a conditional offer on MyFile?

43 minutes ago, fatnrad said:

Are you a current York student? I don't think Pip would have contacted you if it wasn't necessary. For example, I have a previous Bachelor of Arts and then I just completed my final coursework for a BSW in December. I didn't give official transcripts for either--technically I haven't graduated from my BSW yet. I genuinely don't think Pip would have contacted you if it wasn't necessary. Again, I haven't received an official acceptance offer. I have a month to get York my transcripts, otherwise I won't get an official offer. Did you receive a conditional offer on MyFile?

No I am not currently a York student. I will only have my official transcript in a month or two, maybe that’s why she hasn’t asked for it yet. I received an “admitted” and it gave me an option to either accept or decline the offer. I haven’t received the official acceptance letter either. 

38 minutes ago, cathySW said:

Does anyone know if Pip from York admission calls everyone who got an acceptance? 

I got an acceptance on myfile, never got a call.From my understanding Pip calls people of more documentation is needed not to notify people that they got accepted.