Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

1 hour ago, MacaroniGirl said:

Does anyone know if news for U of T is only sent out in the morning? Just wondering if I should stop looking at Acorn haha 

Last years acceptances went out on ACORN around 9:00pm, the year before that around 10:30am...there's no consistency unfortunately. Hopefully we will know soon! 

15 minutes ago, YouBetterSocialWerk said:

Last years acceptances went out on ACORN around 9:00pm, the year before that around 10:30am...there's no consistency unfortunately. Hopefully we will know soon! 

That’s wild!! Thanks to all who responded - we got this haha 

1 minute ago, MacaroniGirl said:

I seem to remember seeing them saying this in last years forum as well. Can someone tell me if I’m making this up? 

I'm thinking this is always the response just because its stated on the website this way and they don't want to make a promise of an earlier deadline maybe. But the waiting is so beyond stressful this week. I dont want to wait until mid april

1 minute ago, MacaroniGirl said:

I seem to remember seeing them saying this in last years forum as well. Can someone tell me if I’m making this up? 

They say this response every year, but as I've heard from friends and read from past forums, they haven't released the acceptances on ACORN later than March 29th the last 3 years. Its possible there were more applicants or COVID slowed things down this year...

4 minutes ago, patientlywaitinggg said:

Where have you decided to go instead of uWindsor?

I haven't received any other offers but I'm holding out for UofT. I want to pursue clinical social work so out of the two schools, UofT better aligns with my personal goals. 

1 hour ago, amesyall said:

I haven't received any other offers but I'm holding out for UofT. I want to pursue clinical social work so out of the two schools, UofT better aligns with my personal goals. 

What type of program does UWindsor offer? Is it community based social work or does it have a clinical aspect as well? 

Just now, MSWAPP2021 said:

What type of program does UWindsor offer? Is it community based social work or does it have a clinical aspect as well? 

From what I hear from conversation with current students and exploring uWin’s website, it seems to be more community/advocacy based! I’m not sure if it offers a clinical aspect so I can’t speak to that. 

Hello everyone, I found this thread only last week and have been checking ever since for the updates, the wait for 2 year MSW UofT application has been too long and torturous, as I feel it...

This forum has been a life-saver at the home stretch, knowing there are other people out also in the same boat makes me feel less lonely in this exciting + difficult journey. Thanks for all the support & information!

I do hope we get some news by the end of this week... but one can only wish I guess.

Wishing the best of luck for everyone.

1 hour ago, scarey said:

Hi everyone, maybe I missed the portion of the conversation but any idea on the in person 2 year MSW program at Laurier? I know they said mid april but I've heard nothing since applying

So, in the past few years, Laurier 2y in-person admissions did come out between Mar. 31st-Apr. 9th. I'm expecting it to truly be more like mid April this year, because the 1y admissions only just came out in the last week or so, and usually they come out in late Feb. or very early March.