Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

6 minutes ago, Kal008 said:

U of T can't be waiting until next week.....?

1 minute ago, MacaroniGirl said:

That would be awful... 

Lol well I'd still be checking through the whole long weekend anyways ? I do still have high hopes for the end of this week though. 1y decisions only came out a couple of days later than usual.

Edited by Waiting4AdmissionDecisions
Prediction for admissions decisions to be soooooon

Just now, Kal008 said:

That section in the references where my boss spoke to my emotional stability and ability to do well with stress under pressure doesn't feel accurate right now ?

agreed! I was on waitlist last year and the idea of being on it again, and not being able to really create a concrete plan for work/life for the upcoming year, is daunting!

5 minutes ago, Kal008 said:

That section in the references where my boss spoke to my emotional stability and ability to do well with stress under pressure doesn't feel accurate right now ?

You got me laughing out loud at work. All my coworkers looked at me funny. Thank you. I am hoping we hear back soon. Rooting for you!

Just now, MSW29 said:

I’ve been lurking on this forum for a while now and just wanted to echo all your thoughts because this waiting period is horrible! sending you all positivity and wishing for the best!!!

Yes same here. I feel physically sick waiting all day. It is crazy making. Who here is waiting on U of T? (Show with a like)

22 minutes ago, SCCPHopeful said:

Does anyone know how many days later U of T 1 year decisions came out this year compared to last year? Hoping that can give us an indication of how behind they are running this year. 

Yup, it was only 2 days later, but if it's because of an increased number of applicants, or just administrative slow-down due to covid, my guess is that this would be compounded for the 2 year, since they get many more applicants in general

Hey All! I just wanted to share some information I got from York about admissions. They said that this year for the 2-year MSW there were 480 applicants (they accept 20), and for the Advanced there were 320 applications (they accept 40). I don't know when they will make the offers for the 2-year but they are rolling out the advanced offers now. 

4 minutes ago, tjo said:

Hey All! I just wanted to share some information I got from York about admissions. They said that this year for the 2-year MSW there were 480 applicants (they accept 20), and for the Advanced there were 320 applications (they accept 40). I don't know when they will make the offers for the 2-year but they are rolling out the advanced offers now. 

Oh man, as someone who applied to York 2-year, that is ROUGH with a capital R !

3 minutes ago, Kal008 said:

Math is certainly not my strong suit but I think this gives us a 4% chance of getting in ??

Oyy, trying to stay positive but like yikes!  how are they supposed to sift through almost 500 applicants and choose who is ‘most qualified’. Starting to get frustrated at this whole process.