Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

Isn’t it ironic how we all applied to a program that’s primarily geared towards helping people’s mental well-being.. yet they keep us waiting and waiting, compromising our mental well being ? knowing how stressful this waiting period is. I wish they could just sit down and get it over with so people just know and can plan!

3 hours ago, DD2021 said:

If it's any consolation, in 2019 I received an email from UofT SGS on March 25th at 6pm (waitlist). 

I also heard back from U of T on March 25th in 2019 and got rejected! This year, I've gotten into the one year programs at U of T, Laurier and York! Don't give up if you don't get the news you hoped for this year :)

6 minutes ago, soph.tc said:

When are we expecting Laurier two-year decisions? 

Typically Laurier sends out 2y decisions late March/early April, in the last 3 years, the first people have heard back on Apr. 3rd, Mar. 31st, and April 9th, respectively. I'm expecting them to be much later this year though, because they were way behind on 1y decisions (usually come out late feb/very early march, and this year only came out 1-2weeks ago).

6 minutes ago, ChipDip said:

I just got my rejection email from York for the 2 year program, I was kind of expecting that though haha. They said over 500 applicants for 20 spots. Hope other people get better news!

Sorry to hear! Crossing my fingers you get better news from U of T :). I hope York doesn't wait until June to get back to me like they did last year haha 

Just now, Kal008 said:

Sorry to hear! Crossing my fingers you get better news from U of T :). I hope York doesn't wait until June to get back to me like they did last year haha 

That happened to me last year as well, until like June 15! yes I’ll also be hoping that you receive good news from U of T. As someone who has received numerous rejections in the times i’ve applied I feel you on another level. 

1 minute ago, Kal008 said:

Hopefully! I also applied to Laurier so we’ll see. I hope you hear back sooner than June, that would be terrible having to wait!!

Long time lerker and 2020 reject here! Hi!! (Lol feels like a little therapy group where we all put out stories in so why not). I was rejected from UofT at 9 something am on April 1st last year from the 2 year program (yes, I remember the exact moment I was destroyed lol.) I’m starting to strongly believe they’ll roll out decisions after Easter! Keep your hopes up, I’m rooting for every one of us! Also to those who applied for York, what’s this about only getting decisions in June?! PLEASE NO. 

Hi All!

Long time viewer- first time posting :) I applied to the two year MSW program at UofT so I FEEL your pain (I used to live right around the corner from the SW building so I'd wave to it and just manifest my energy haha). I don't have a degree in SW but i'm in my last year studying a related field. I also applied to yorkville for the MACP program but judging by how much money it is i'm not really interested in moving forward with that.. so all my eggs are in one basket- it's a lot less selection not having a BSW background. Fingers crossed for us all! you have all been making me smile the last few days I feel like we're all in this together.

To pass the time, I have been going on trail walks and baking lots. I feel stressed out and on edge ALL the time.. I had hope thinking that we'd here about the 2 year program a couple days ago.. fingers crossed for this week, no news is good news since no one has heard! hang in there folks 

Just now, 1996Msw2021 said:

Long time lerker and 2020 reject here! Hi!! (Lol feels like a little therapy group where we all put out stories in so why not). I was rejected from UofT at 9 something am on April 1st last year from the 2 year program (yes, I remember the exact moment I was destroyed lol.) I’m starting to strongly believe they’ll roll out decisions after Easter! Keep your hopes up, I’m rooting for every one of us! Also to those who applied for York, what’s this about only getting decisions in June?! PLEASE NO. 

Yes last year for York 2 year I didn’t hear anything until June 15th, when they told me that I didn’t receive an offer of admission. So hoping it’s not like that again!

Just now, patientlywaitinggg said:

Yes last year for York 2 year I didn’t hear anything until June 15th, when they told me that I didn’t receive an offer of admission. So hoping it’s not like that again!

I received mine on June 15th as well. On my son's birthday! haha I wonder why we didn't get rejected right away? I've never understood why it took so long to send it. 

Just now, patientlywaitinggg said:

That’s torture! I’m so sorry. Praying for a miracle! 

Just now, Kal008 said:

I received mine on June 15th as well. On my son's birthday! haha I wonder why we didn't get rejected right away? I've never understood why it took so long to send it. 

Do they just keep you waiting instead of actually establishing a wait list? Or is there also a wait list?