2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

3 minutes ago, 2020PhD said:

I don't understand why EVERYONE is trying to figure out if the decisions will come out today, tomorrow or Friday.

We all have access to the past years' decision dates. There is no reason to speculate. It helps no one.

I’m sorry, I don’t currently live in the United States, and it’s easier to ask here instead of converting time zones to NJ or CA.

1 minute ago, 2020PhD said:

I think you're all aware that there's a messaging function in this forum. People do not have to know what games you're playing or what series you're watching. We're all here for our PhD applications, not reading how boring your lives are.

How bored are you to really be spending your time criticising other people for NO reason. Just ignore our boring messages. 

6 minutes ago, 2020PhD said:

I think you're all aware that there's a messaging function in this forum. People do not have to know what games you're playing or what series you're watching. We're all here for our PhD applications, not reading how boring your lives are.

There's no reason to be so negative in already stressful time for you and other applicants. I hope that whatever reason led you to lash out at people on this forum, things get resolved and end up well.

2 minutes ago, 2020PhD said:

Because it's just clutter. We're here to read valuable information about the admission process. 

Tell me if this is wrong.

I don't think it's clutter. It helps with my anxiety, and a reminder that there are other things to life than just graduate admissions. 

lol yikes it's readily clear that 2020PhD is someone's troll alt account and it's not even a well-hidden alt. even worse than the princeton results page trolls because at least those are anonymous. 

I hope they learn "their" lesson that stuff here is public and gradcafe does not have a nice deletion policy. 

Edited by BunniesInSpace

Just now, Poliscibxtch said:

Nope, did you receive one or do you know someone who has?

there are 3 acceptances on the results page, someone says some emails will be sent tomorrow

I have been silently viewing this thread for some time now and I just wanted to share what I know about the UCLA results posted. I spoke to someone from the department yesterday, and all of those results are fake. He confirmed that admissions decisions have not yet been sent out yet (unless they were sent out within the last day, but doubt it?)

Also, I have a strong feeling the Princeton decisions are also fake. It was explicitly stated in the email that they will be sent out between after Feb 1. 

6 minutes ago, spotted said:

there are 3 acceptances on the results page, someone says some emails will be sent tomorrow

Oh okay. I am hesitant to trust anything on the results page unless they can be confirmed here. I have been able to confirm that many of the results are inaccurate.