2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

3 minutes ago, cbsag123 said:

Is anyone here seeing a decision on their applyweb portals for princeton? How do people see these rejections? I'm confused because I don't even know where to look for a rejection?

I just checked and saw no decision either way. It seems more and more that the Princeton decisions are fake. 

Congrats to y'all who got admitted to Wisconsin! I hear Madison is a super cool city (both weather and vibes). No email or interview for me so I can assume I've been denied, but that's ok, there's still 9 schools left for me to go.

2 minutes ago, ovejal said:

Madison admits - were your notifications personalized emails or one mass email? I felt optimistic after a really positive interview but am starting to lose hope. 

I think the email was a mass email, but I'm not sure if all subfields went out at once. My portal has also been updated so maybe check there as well as your junk :)

Regarding Princeton decisions... If you have any form of decision on your account, you will see a new section called "Decision" and it will be between "Print Receipt" and "View Checklist" 

Screenshot attached. FYI this is not from Princeton. I have not received any notification from them. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 1.40.37 PM.png

7 minutes ago, baby__yoda said:

One of the rejections claimed that they had a “View decision” option next to the “View details” button in the Princeton portal. From what I’ve seen, the decision in applyweb is usually a drop down option similar to the “View checklist” button. Not sure if anyone can confirm whether the decision sometimes is shown that way, but to me this is a bit inconsistent with that I’ve seen. For example: 

This sleuthing is next level, and I am so here for it!!! 

5 minutes ago, TheLifeofBrian said:

Regarding Princeton decisions... If you have any form of decision on your account, you will see a new section called "Decision" and it will be between "Print Receipt" and "View Checklist" 

Screenshot attached. FYI this is not from Princeton. I have not received any notification from them. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 1.40.37 PM.png

This is excellent, thanks! Also Life of Brian over Holy Grail?

29 minutes ago, Crossed_fingers said:

Did we reach consensus as to whether the Northwestern acceptances were genuine?

Absolutely not. I personally contacted the Graduate School and they specifically told me that they have not sent any letters or acceptances and probably they will not be sending them until the beginning of March. In all this mess this truth may appear to you as fictional but you can contact them and check. They were kind enough to respond me. This forum is really being an endless hole swallowing all of us. And I am pretty sure trolls are inside us.

4 minutes ago, ir_guy said:

Absolutely not. I personally contacted the Graduate School and they specifically told me that they have not sent any letters or acceptances and probably they will not be sending them until the beginning of March. In all this mess this truth may appear to you as fictional but you can contact them and check. They were kind enough to respond me. This forum is really being an endless hole swallowing all of us. And I am pretty sure trolls are inside us.

really? historically they say before january 30. and someone has claimed an acceptance. i wonder if the acceptance to the person above was informal

claiming a rice rejection as well,, welp 
all of this discussion about northwestern not being done sending out acceptances gives me some hope.. but the wisconsin decisions cancel that out i guess lol
0a/1r/11p

1 minute ago, spotted said:

claiming a rice rejection as well,, welp 
all of this discussion about northwestern not being done sending out acceptances gives me some hope.. but the wisconsin decisions cancel that out i guess lol
0a/1r/11p

This is my first year, but I believe it's generally a mistake to infer from a rejection anything about your chances at other programs. It's totally idiosyncratic. 

24 minutes ago, mypolisciguy said:

I received an acceptance. Cannot confirm if all acceptances were given out, or not, however.

Hey @mypolisciguy - any chance you could screenshot or paste your acceptance notification (of course, redacting any identifiers) so we can put this issue of Northwestern to rest? It will be helpful in helping us finally accept our pending rejections!

Just now, til1996 said:

This is my first year, but I believe it's generally a mistake to infer from a rejection anything about your chances at other programs. It's totally idiosyncratic. 

I was not implying that any of the decisions said anything about my abilities or chances, just saying that im nervous lol

33 minutes ago, ir_guy said:

The beginning of March?  Most years Northwestern sends out admits by the last week of January.  Did they say that they are sending them in March this year because of COVID?

Re the Northwestern issue, this is what their website states - early February. I think early March would be a bit late for them but may be when funding decisions go out? 
Edit: Seems possible based on the point they make there saying “you will only receive a letter if you are admitted” that there may be no formal rejection letters?

D604D01F-FBD8-461B-ABA3-3F321C777824.png

Edited by scarletwitch