2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

For those waiting on a UCI response: 

Applicants will be notified by April 15, likely in February or March. Notifications are sent at different times.

Best wishes,

Jennifer Gerson, Ed.D.

Director of Graduate Affairs

School of Social Sciences 

_______

Never take yourself out of the game. If you are wondering about a schools admissions procedures or timelines, don't speculate based on other years. This is a very different cycle and we must treat it like that. 

Remember... It's not over until we have that rejection letter. 

1 minute ago, DanTheGrad said:

Never take yourself out of the game. If you are wondering about a schools admissions procedures or timelines, don't speculate based on other years. This is a very different cycle and we must treat it like that. 

Remember... It's not over until we have that rejection letter. 

What an excellent message. Reminds me of when I was an athlete. I am constantly reminding myself that the game isn't over until the clock runs out. 

2 hours ago, kmccorm327 said:

That's awesome! Did you just get it, or was it earlier this morning? Wondering if they've sent out any Vandy interviews for IR. Still trying to keep the hope alive!

My thoughts exactly.

1 hour ago, Mad Scientist Malfrost said:

A waitlist beats a rejection indeed, congrats! I hope you really like formal theory if you end up at Rochester! One of the professor was a guest speak for a seminar I was in this semester and his working paper had SO MUCH GAME THEORY in it that it went over most of our heads lol

I hadn't seen this lol

Yes, I've been there too. I think it should get easier as I become familiar with most mechanics.

Just now, spotted said:

Another week down yall! Place your bets for what schools will come out next week lol

My guess is that BU will send out a wave of rejections, maybe a couple of admits next week.  I think that Northwestern might send out some results next week too.  Finally I think it's possible that Cornell, JHU, and UMich will send them out Thursday or Friday, but more likely the following week.

5 minutes ago, spotted said:

Another week down yall! Place your bets for what schools will come out next week lol

I expect Indiana and Princeton to send rejections 

Just now, comradecommissar said:

Anyone know anything about Chicago, Yale and MIT?

Yale mentioned late Feb/early March

11 minutes ago, spotted said:

I am hoping for Duke and Berkeley next week.

WUSTL also said that their goal--contingent on number of applicants--was to notify applicants by the first week of February. With a presumed uptick due to covid, I'm hoping that the second week of February will be the week we hear.

I don't think it'd be crazy to hear from Chicago either.

Edited by _nutella_

22 minutes ago, StarkDark1 said:

My guess is that BU will send out a wave of rejections, maybe a couple of admits next week.  I think that Northwestern might send out some results next week too.  Finally I think it's possible that Cornell, JHU, and UMich will send them out Thursday or Friday, but more likely the following week.

On Umich's website, it says decisions will be out in the first week of February...guess they're behind on schedule. Northwestern used to release decisions in january, so they're def behind.

Edited by animal_whisperer

Just now, Mad Scientist Malfrost said:

I talked to them a few times in the Fall and follow them on Twitter. I emailed them a few days ago to ask about decisions but I wouldn’t say I’m in constant communication with them

rip I thought you couldn't do that