Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

You know what I also find hilarious? How some universities are kinder. I got rejected from to so far. The first rejection letter was from the head of the graduate office and the second was probably the most automatisized response of all time

Yale University Clinical Psychology, PhD (F19) Other via Other on 15 Feb 2019   15 Feb 2019
  • report spam
  • Alright children, get your sh** together. First, to all the haters out there. 4 offer poster has the right to consider their options and choose the program they like the most and they have until April 15th to do so. It is NOT greedy, but yeah, it would be nice if they could decide sooner rather than later. Also @4 offers, listen you entitled sh**, yes, you worked hard and you probably deserve those acceptances but that does not mean that others who did not get the same results did not work as hard or even harder than you did. Be thankful for what you have because grad admissions are quite random. So f you too.

SING IT

1 hour ago, vallaboop said:
Yale University Clinical Psychology, PhD (F19) Other via Other on 15 Feb 2019   15 Feb 2019
  • report spam
  • Alright children, get your sh** together. First, to all the haters out there. 4 offer poster has the right to consider their options and choose the program they like the most and they have until April 15th to do so. It is NOT greedy, but yeah, it would be nice if they could decide sooner rather than later. Also @4 offers, listen you entitled sh**, yes, you worked hard and you probably deserve those acceptances but that does not mean that others who did not get the same results did not work as hard or even harder than you did. Be thankful for what you have because grad admissions are quite random. So f you too.

SING IT

Whatever fight has been going on in the clinical psychology posts today needs to stop. I can't tell, but I think someone started trolling pretty hard after this, bragging about 5 acceptances, while someone else posted lengthy guidelines about turning down offers after a week. At first it was pretty funny, then it just got toxic. 

EDIT: Just to be clear, I agree with the person in this screencap. Preach. 

Edited by ringoandme

38 minutes ago, ringoandme said:

Whatever fight has been going on in the clinical psychology posts today needs to stop. I can't tell, but I think someone started trolling pretty hard after this, bragging about 5 acceptances, while someone else posted lengthy guidelines about turning down offers after a week. At first it was pretty funny, then it just got toxic. 

I only saw some of the fight but I agree, people need to take a chill pill. Although apparently clinical psych PhD admissions are extra brutal hence the aggression. ?‍♀️

2 hours ago, ringoandme said:

I always find it ironic when a group of people who are supposed to be aspiring psychologists lose their cool.  It's like a doctor that gives themself a disease.  I mean, aren't you supposed to be the one who teaches people how not to do that?

SC-Lasden-Tower-401-burns-12-6-15.jpg

Edited by Ternwild

Yeah I feel like the results page has been super nasty this year when it doesn't have to be. I get people are touchy and bitter about rejections/waitlists but tearing people down doesn't help anyone.

4 hours ago, ringoandme said:

When I finally get rejection notices, I plan to post something super funny to lighten things up and hopefully land a spot on this thread. There's enough anger in this world already, don't need more here. 

I can only imagine how toxic it must be, politically, in Texas right now. 

7 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

That is just f****ed

Ha that was me, just an attempt at humor there as I got gunned down again in this application season-no professional program would actually send an email like that.  ?  The email itself, though generic, was really nice!

Just now, fortsibut said:

Ha that was me, just an attempt at humor there as I got gunned down again in this application season-no professional program would actually send an email like that.  ?  The email itself, though generic, was really nice!

Hahaha I’m relived but also wish you had better news. Not sure what it says about my responses that I thought this was real except...some have been real shitty ?

2 minutes ago, fortsibut said:

That is a relief. I was on my way to questioning the integrity of Wisconsin as an institution. ?

Just now, kendalldinniene said:

Hahaha I’m relived but also wish you had better news. Not sure what it says about my responses that I thought this was real except...some have been real shitty ?

I appreciate that!  ?  Holding out hope for Cornell; I felt that it was my strongest of my applications this year and best fit (also my dream program!) so hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be busting out the champagne!  Congrats on your acceptances, happy for you that you have a couple in the bag already!!

Just now, fortsibut said:

I appreciate that!  ?  Holding out hope for Cornell; I felt that it was my strongest of my applications this year and best fit (also my dream program!) so hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be busting out the champagne!  Congrats on your acceptances, happy for you that you have a couple in the bag already!!

Rooting for you new friend!!! Get that dream program! And thank you ?