Jump to content
NoChance

Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

Recommended Posts

On 1/12/2019 at 8:52 PM, drfigue said:

That one killed me. Some ideas for my upcoming rejections ?

hehe, that was me. Now time to lose 30lbs, get new skin, grow couple inches taller, and just be generally not so unattractive. Then all them rich dudes will be mine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, googoogaagaa said:

hehe, that was me. Now time to lose 30lbs, get new skin, grow couple inches taller, and just be generally not so unattractive. Then all them rich dudes will be mine

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Same, tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
University Of Buffalo Education Studies, Educational Culture, Policy And Society, Masters (F19) Accepted via E-mail on 17 Dec 2018   17 Jan 2019
  • My self-confidence is shot rn and I have lost faith that I will get into any of the PhD programs I applied into so I'm posting this. I was accepted within a week of applying but this is honestly my "my life is a failure backup plan" school...

ugh man I feel you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 publi, ton of research experience, strong lor. If Harvard is impressed with me, why wouldn't you?

Someone thinks they're all that and a Harvard degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • These fu**ers referred me to the MAPH program. Lol, you think I want to suckle at the teat of UChicago so badly that I'd get another Masters and pay 50k for it? I would have preferred a flat-out rejection. Get bent, scu*bags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:
  • These fu**ers referred me to the MAPH program. Lol, you think I want to suckle at the teat of UChicago so badly that I'd get another Masters and pay 50k for it? I would have preferred a flat-out rejection. Get bent, scu*bags

I feel this so hard right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CancerBiology said:
University Of Buffalo Education Studies, Educational Culture, Policy And Society, Masters (F19) Accepted via E-mail on 17 Dec 2018   17 Jan 2019
  • My self-confidence is shot rn and I have lost faith that I will get into any of the PhD programs I applied into so I'm posting this. I was accepted within a week of applying but this is honestly my "my life is a failure backup plan" school...

ugh man I feel you

As someone who lives not far from Buffalo, this is true of this city at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1381350178_ScreenShot2019-01-19at4_26_04PM.thumb.png.c723ef36e83151170169ae3494d74dab.png

 

You're relieved to be rejected from a program that you spent money to apply to ? lol you don't sound upset at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
University Of California, San Francisco Biomedical Sciences, PhD (F19) Rejected via E-mail on 18 Jan 2019  A 22 Jan 2019
  • report spam
  • I wasn't going to be extra about it, but I received the rejection email three different times, so in the light of that... fu** you too UCSF. I didn't want your overpriced housing anyway

I'd be mad, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UC Davis English, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018 A 23 Feb 2018
  • report spam
  • Rejected but I got into a higher ranked university so actually I guess my application was competitive.

 If only rank wasn't an arbitrary concept that has little to no impact on grad admissions standards for English!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yale University Bioengineering (Biomedical Engineering), PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Feb 2018 U 23 Feb 2018

Made me a sad girl when I got rejected too haha

Edited by CancerBiology

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SDSU/UCSD JDP Clinical Psychology, PhD (F19) Rejected via E-mail on 22 Jan 2019    22 Jan 2019

Hey - I like this idea. I need to start a CV of failures, too. Then I can show everyone I'm successful at failing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 7:16 AM, fortsibut said:

As someone who lives not far from Buffalo, this is true of this city at the very least.

At this point I’d love to get into a my life is a failure back up school, even in Buffalo ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:
Penn State University Psychology, PhD (F19) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Jan 2019  U 23 Jan 2019
  • report spam
  • The rejection wasn't as ugly as the font used in the email.

i'm not going to lie, i'm really curious now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:
Penn State University Psychology, PhD (F19) Rejected via E-mail on 23 Jan 2019  U 23 Jan 2019
  • report spam
  • The rejection wasn't as ugly as the font used in the email.

Was going to post this one too! haha. Comic sans for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CancerBiology said:

Was going to post this one too! haha. Comic sans for sure

Comic sans would be an instant offer decline for me ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, potsupotsu said:

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 7.51.53 PM.png

As I ponder that being my next move, in anticipation of being rejected unanimously--maybe I need to start searching for jobs now. Reverse psychology the situation. That'll do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, pyramidstuds said:

As I ponder that being my next move, in anticipation of being rejected unanimously--maybe I need to start searching for jobs now. Reverse psychology the situation. That'll do it.

You most definitely should apply to jobs.  Unemployment is real.  Don't put all your eggs in one basket, as it were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.