Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

On 2014/2/26 at 3:22 AM, likemythesis said:

Someone must have received multiple rejections at once because one said "I'm an idiot" and the next "I'm still an idiot!"

Cool guy!!!

If I'm been rejected someday, I would quote it then add "I too an an idiot!" 

THat's sooooo cool!

Stanford University Symbolic Systems, Masters (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 16 Mar 2018 I 17 Mar 2018
  • The universities must have a competition between them on whose rejection emails are more generic.

Dear (insert name),

We have chosen not to offer you admission t (insert school name). This year had a record number of talented applicants...

• 8 months later...
On 2/25/2014 at 7:38 PM, ihatechoosingusernames said:

Colorado State: "Apparently you don't even have to apply in order to be rejected from certain schools. What a cluster F it must be over there that they're emailing people who have simply requested information that they're 'rejected'."

WTF OMG this made my day! Thank you hahahaha

On 3/5/2014 at 12:37 PM, krishnalynn said:

All my US applicant friends are going insane over the GRE and I'm beyond relieved that none of my schools (all in Canada) required it for admission. Thank god. 

2 out of the 4 programs I applied to in the US don't require GRE

On 1/18/2016 at 1:21 PM, nightfarmer said:

Jeez, yeah. I mean, the department should have just put them out of their misery after an email or two, but come on. After a while you just gotta realize if you had been accepted they're not going to just 'forget' to let you know you're accepted to a program that starts in like 2 weeks.

OMG LOL this made me laugh so much. 

Btw I think I need help I'm just going through this entire page while I wait for news on my applications...

On 1/17/2018 at 2:41 PM, HannahRae said:

I thought I would get this started up again because this whole thread is making me feel so much better in this anxious time!

This is my current favorite from the past week. How awkward to be rejected and then tweeted about 

image.thumb.png.96ca95bc789e06fdf6b34411fdc54cfd.png

image.thumb.png.81c615e74b1a5c321bd323f82fbc8023.png

Wait, what? ? 

On 2/22/2018 at 6:12 PM, Navygrrl said:

Another one, as I stalk the results page:

University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor Information, PhD (F18) Rejected via E-mail on 22 Feb 2018 U 22 Feb 2018
  • report spam
  • Can't find a job, can't find a date, and with this, the holy trinity is complete.

This is my hard core mood rn

On 12/29/2018 at 7:28 AM, Adelaide9216 said:

Wait, what? ? 

I mean I saw the tweet that's is very unspecific and refer to many essays, not just one application, also she has a point, and in her apology tweet, she made good points.