Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

1 minute ago, potsupotsu said:

192512650_ScreenShot2019-01-27at11_01_21AM.thumb.png.491be3f6db28575b929b40643d0fcf7d.png

?

tbh the Northwestern rejections strike a really odd tone, because the first paragraph is literally "you are denied entry" and then the second one goes on to be like " this decision is hard to convey because we respect your intellectual ambition and wish you success"

signed, another linguistics rejection lmao

A 5 Mar 2015
  •  
  • Nice letter, but overall pretty disheartening. GPA is MA, excellent recs, years of teaching experience, publications, national conferences. Maybe it's because I haven't been knighted yet, and my martyrdom is still up in the air.

11 minutes ago, Moods said:
          Reject the university before they reject you. I wish I could do that.

image.png

Interesting...there was a similar response posted today under what seems like a different field. Possible troll? Obscure meme?

Screenshot_2019-01-28-10-54-43.png

On 1/29/2019 at 11:38 AM, CancerBiology said:
Duke University English, PhD (F19) Rejected via Website on 29 Jan 2019 A 29 Jan 2019
  • report spam
  • Most of us on Grad Cafe: "I want to get an English PhD at Duke!" Duke University: "LOL NO."

lol sorry not happening

That's me! Haha. Had to introduce a little levity into the English results thread-- 16 Duke rejections in a row posted on there! Knew I probably wasn't getting accepted to Duke anyway, and now I can continue hating their basketball team with zero guilt. 

3 hours ago, FoucaultThis said:

That's me! Haha. Had to introduce a little levity into the English results thread-- 16 Duke rejections in a row posted on there! Knew I probably wasn't getting accepted to Duke anyway, and now I can continue hating their basketball team with zero guilt. 

As a Carolina girl (undergrad) and, therefore, diehard Duke hater, recently thrilled to be going back to UNC for a PhD--we will take all the Duke hate we can! Hate with no guilt!

This was one of my favorites from my daily perusal of the clinical psych results:

• Generic mass email. 2 out of 3 rejections so far, gonna throw myself a failure party if I get a 3rd. You guys are invited. Bring pizza.

Don't worry dude, I'll get some pizza and liquor. You don't need Northwestern anyway.

On 1/25/2019 at 2:16 PM, pyramidstuds said:

As I ponder that being my next move, in anticipation of being rejected unanimously--maybe I need to start searching for jobs now. Reverse psychology the situation. That'll do it.

I notice an acceptance in your signature now. Were you looking at jobs when you posted this on the 25th?

9 hours ago, magnetite said:

I notice an acceptance in your signature now. Were you looking at jobs when you posted this on the 25th?

Ha, no! ? I wish I could say that was the solution. I was sitting down for a full day of thesis-writing!