Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

Ouch

University Of Toledo Geography, Spatially Integrated Social Science, PhD (F19) Accepted via Phone on 6 Mar 2019 A 6 Mar 2019
  • report spam
  • Recieved letter of acceptance. Then recieved a phone call from one of the professors there asking if I would come without funding. After I said no, he proceeds to tell me he read one of my four published articles and literally starts critiquing it and telling me the results dont mean anything and how I am not going to get an assistantship. Totally unprofessional. sh** School, sh** program.

Pennsylvania State University Clinical Psychology, PhD (F19) Rejected via E-mail on 6 Mar 2019   6 Mar 2019
  • report spam
  • Dear Whoever Is in Charge of These Emails: I will accept your rejection once you send it in a font that is not hideous and a color that doesn't hurt my eyes. Seriously, who is in charge of these emails? Comic sans and bright blue?? What???

University Of Chicago English, Masters (F19) Acceptedvia E-mail on 8 Mar 2019  A 8 Mar 2019
  • report spam
  • accepted to the MAPH after a PhD rejection, offered a comically-small scholarship given the comically-high tuition. in the immortal words of the bard: thank u next. 2a/2w/3r/0p

21 minutes ago, samiamslp said:

Tangential, but you got an acceptance! Amazing- congrats, friend!

Thank you.  It is only a Master's program, but I'll take it.  Better than nothing.  But, look at you with your 4 acceptances!

30 minutes ago, Ternwild said:

Thank you.  It is only a Master's program, but I'll take it.  Better than nothing.  But, look at you with your 4 acceptances!

Thank you! Well, guess you were right-- third time IS the charm! Proud of ya!! 

This isn't a rejection, but it's one of my faves and I imagine totally relevant to you right now, so I had to share?

Screenshot (44).png

19 hours ago, Ternwild said:

Omg, finally! Congrats!!!!

I wish this whole story was merely a joke...

University Of California, Berkeley Film & Media, PhD (F19) Rejected via E-mail on 8 Mar 2019 A 13 Mar 2019
  • Dear Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman, if either of you could take me in and do your cute little money bribes to get me accepted, I promise to not be a bratty YouTuber and just pay attention to my work. Idk how else to be one of three accepted students!

2 hours ago, sseire said:

University Of California, Berkeley Film & Media, PhD (F19) Rejected via E-mail on 8 Mar 2019 A 13 Mar 2019
  • Dear Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman, if either of you could take me in and do your cute little money bribes to get me accepted, I promise to not be a bratty YouTuber and just pay attention to my work. Idk how else to be one of three accepted students!

I know how...

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, sseire said:

I saw that! Didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 

University Of Southern California Electrical And Computer Engineering, Masters (F19) Rejected via E-mail on 13 Mar 2019   13 Mar 2019
  • report spam
  • What a waste of 250k. I was going to join on a water polo scholarship. I'm telling my mother about this. You can't deny legacies like this.

Love these hilarious college admissions fraud references xD

When your English PhD rejection letter has a typo...

• I'm not sure if I should feel relieved or even more mediocre for not being in the "less than a quarter" of applicants that were spared the "pleaseure" of reading this gem of a rejection letter
Edited by kendalldinniene

1 minute ago, vallaboop said:
UT Austin Economics, PhD (F19) Rejected via Website on 14 Mar 2019   13 Mar 2019
  • report spam
  • Did anyone else have a kind of harshly written letter? With DENIED in bold?

damn dude

image.png.02544092364dedc3ab2b0082b76ef6de.png

UT's probably stressed because of all the SXSW-goers wanting to move to Austin.

Edited by Nothingtown

2 minutes ago, Nothingtown said:

image.png.02544092364dedc3ab2b0082b76ef6de.png

UT's probably stressed because of all the SXSW-goers wanting to move to Austin.

They don't want to come to Dallas, either. Housing prices, and by extension apartment costs, have increased tremendously in recent years. 

Not that I care much anymore, since I'll be moving north of the Mason-Dixon line pretty soon!

On 3/14/2019 at 2:36 PM, vallaboop said:
UT Austin Economics, PhD (F19) Rejected via Website on 14 Mar 2019   13 Mar 2019
  • report spam
  • Did anyone else have a kind of harshly written letter? With DENIED in bold?

damn dude

UMBC's was the harshest I received. It was phrased something like "The program has recommended you not be accepted" as opposed to the standard "We are unable to offer..." type language, and I'll admit it a stung a bit. 

1 hour ago, yeahsouh said:

UMBC's was the harshest I received. It was phrased something like "The program has recommended you not be accepted" as opposed to the standard "We are unable to offer..." type language, and I'll admit it a stung a bit. 

They saw your name show up and were like:

giphy.gif

Not sure if I should put this on this thread but read this:

"On behalf of this university's selection commitee we would like to apologize for the rejection email, that email was sent by mistake due to an error in our system and it was intended for another applicant, as of now the committee has not ruled in your application"

So good news for me bad news to the other person, so sorry man