19 minutes ago, beepboopbeepboop said:

Called HSPH, they said they don't know the notification process as it's through GSAS.

Does that mean Chan has made their decisions and GSAS is being slow with the distribution? Does that mean if I get insanely impatient, I call GSAS next week? 

Note from site: 

Application questions: 617-496-6100 (please call between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday), or contact admiss@fas.harvard.edu

32 minutes ago, beepboopbeepboop said:

Called HSPH, they said they don't know the notification process as it's through GSAS.

For what it's worth, I received an email from the assistant director of the PHS program on Tuesday, with a letter attached from the director of the PHS program. Then today, I received my official letter of acceptance from the dean for admissions/financial aid within the GSAS portal.

Has anyone at UNC received anything official regarding funding? I know internal T32 applications are due March 1. Does anyone have a sense of when they might notify people who they're giving T32 slots to or other packages?

My epi people: 

Why might I STILL have nothing after all these admits etc. from Harvard, Yale, Brown, Columbia?

I had seemingly interested POI's at each and generally competitive stats + 2 first author/5 co-authorships. Why would this happen without even notification of waitlist or rejection, if that's the case? I am fighting to not feel disrespected by even the courtesy of communication...are there rational causes behind this?

59 minutes ago, ceterisparibus9 said:

My epi people: 

Why might I STILL have nothing after all these admits etc. from Harvard, Yale, Brown, Columbia?

I had seemingly interested POI's at each and generally competitive stats + 2 first author/5 co-authorships. Why would this happen without even notification of waitlist or rejection, if that's the case? I am fighting to not feel disrespected by even the courtesy of communication...are there rational causes behind this?

One possibility (and highly possible depend on your stats) is that you are competitive enough that they decide not to interview you, and right now you may still under their consideration. I know a few people get a WL from those programs without an interview. Myself get a 5-yr package without interviews AND I didn't even communicate with any POIs (I was shocked…). It can happen. Don't feel bad at this time!!

Or…GRE/GPA made you out from the first round of screening…

Edited by FrozenFreshMeat

12 minutes ago, GradNYC said:

Anyone waiting for NYU?

Yes I am, Global Public Health, Social-Behavioral concentration. I just contacted my POI over the weekend but have yet to hear anything back. I'll post as soon as I know something... we had a 2 hour Skype chat a few months ago so I have a feeling she will tell me the inside scoop.

What did you apply for?

Cool, did you get an interview invite? I didn't but did communicate with a few faculty members in the summer?

Also, social-behavioral concentration. 

Best!

28 minutes ago, Embee said:

Yes I am, Global Public Health, Social-Behavioral concentration. I just contacted my POI over the weekend but have yet to hear anything back. I'll post as soon as I know something... we had a 2 hour Skype chat a few months ago so I have a feeling she will tell me the inside scoop.

What did you apply for?

32 minutes ago, GradNYC said:

Cool, did you get an interview invite? I didn't but did communicate with a few faculty members in the summer?

Also, social-behavioral concentration. 

Thank you. No I did not get an invite for interview, which has me concerned. However, the phone number on my application is off because I'm overseas so if they tried to call me, I would not have received it. However, I have not received any emails so I'm not sure what to think. I REALLY hit the off with the Professor I Skype with and she said I would be a perfect fit. NYU and one other school are my top choices... I hope to hear something soon, but as of yet I haven't even seen people post rejections. I'm guessing all of the top schools are really very far behind, as I've only seen people post rejections (or interviews) from the schools/departments I applied to... no one has posted acceptance notifications. I'm holding on to that.

Anyone want to claim that they contacted Columbia Mailman for the PhD in Environmental Health and was told we would hear back soon? It's been radio silence since I submitted (assuming not a good sign lol). Any other detail you can provide? 

20 hours ago, ceterisparibus9 said:

My epi people: 

I’m in the same boat for the epi track at Harvard. I had an interview in January but have heard nothing since then. It’s very frustrating!!!

49 minutes ago, Embee said:

Thank you. No I did not get an invite for interview, which has me concerned. However, the phone number on my application is off because I'm overseas so if they tried to call me, I would not have received it. However, I have not received any emails so I'm not sure what to think. I REALLY hit the off with the Professor I Skype with and she said I would be a perfect fit. NYU and one other school are my top choices... I hope to hear something soon, but as of yet I haven't even seen people post rejections. I'm guessing all of the top schools are really very far behind, as I've only seen people post rejections (or interviews) from the schools/departments I applied to... no one has posted acceptance notifications. I'm holding on to that.

ok, well at least I'm in good company because I didn't get an interview invite as well. 

Re: Columbia SMS and maybe all doctoral stuff.  Emailed the Assistant Director of Admissions (she had previously emailed me months ago to clarify something on my app) last week for a status update.  She just got back to me and said that "doctoral decisions will be released shortly."  Hopefully that means this coming week.  I highly doubt I will be getting anything other than a rejection, but I would really like this admissions cycle to be over already!

42 minutes ago, Pennk said:

Re: Columbia SMS and maybe all doctoral stuff.  Emailed the Assistant Director of Admissions (she had previously emailed me months ago to clarify something on my app) last week for a status update.  She just got back to me and said that "doctoral decisions will be released shortly."  Hopefully that means this coming week.  I highly doubt I will be getting anything other than a rejection, but I would really like this admissions cycle to be over already!

Thank you for the information! Just curious if you've interviewed with them?

Email update from NYU for anyone who is waiting:

“Applications are still under review now and we will be issuing decisions as soon as we've heard back from the doctoral admissions committee. At the very latest, all decisions will be sent by April 15th, but in most cases they are sent sometime around mid-March.”

This is seems awfully late to me...

9 minutes ago, NotSoPatientlyWaiting2018 said:

“Applications are still under review now and we will be issuing decisions as soon as we've heard back from the doctoral admissions committee. At the very latest, all decisions will be sent by April 15th, but in most cases they are sent sometime around mid-March.”

So strange! As I said before, I applied last year and the rejections came in early Feb. 

20 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

So strange! As I said before, I applied last year and the rejections came in early Feb. 

It seems that the program underwent a lot of restructuring this year. I spoke to my POI (who is a colleague) and she mentioned that to me, so perhaps their process this year is a little slower because of that.

32 minutes ago, NotSoPatientlyWaiting2018 said:

Is this NYU GPH-Epidemiology or NYU Medicine/Sackler-Epidemiology program?

37 minutes ago, NotSoPatientlyWaiting2018 said:

It seems that the program underwent a lot of restructuring this year. I spoke to my POI (who is a colleague) and she mentioned that to me, so perhaps their process this year is a little slower because of that.

I’m actually a graduate of their MPH program :P 

I know there has been some faculty change (ie new director for the Doctoral program, etc..) So that may be why.