Just received this email from Rutgers today:

Thank you for your recent inquiry to RUTGERS SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH in Piscataway, New Jersey, USA. 

Please note that that the doctoral review committee was overwhelmed by the large volume of new applications that they received for the fall term, that the committee is still in the process of reading and evaluating all of the many application packages!

As of now, the committee  hopes to  be able to notify the doctoral applicants regarding their Fall Admissions Decision within the next six or seven weeks.

SIX OR SEVEN WEEKS?!?!? ?

8 minutes ago, Embee said:

Thank you for your recent inquiry to RUTGERS SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH in Piscataway, New Jersey, USA. 

Please note that that the doctoral review committee was overwhelmed by the large volume of new applications that they received for the fall term, that the committee is still in the process of reading and evaluating all of the many application packages!

As of now, the committee  hopes to  be able to notify the doctoral applicants regarding their Fall Admissions Decision within the next six or seven weeks.

That is absolutely crazy!!!!!!! Did you apply to the EPI track?

38 minutes ago, Embee said:

Some information might be helpful for you. I submitted my application to Rutgers before Dec.1 and received the email from the admission committee in early January saying that I have been recommended by the adcomm to the POI, but it turns out that the POI doesn't have enough funding for supporting PhD students this year. 

16 minutes ago, jjyyg said:

Some information might be helpful for you. I submitted my application to Rutgers before Dec.1 and received the email from the admission committee in early January saying that I have been recommended by the adcomm to the POI, but it turns out that the POI doesn't have enough funding for supporting PhD students this year. 

I had spoke to my POI and the Dean frequently before and he assured me they would have full funding for my research interest. That's the only reason I applied.

1 hour ago, Embee said:

I had spoke to my POI and the Dean frequently before and he assured me they would have full funding for my research interest. That's the only reason I applied.

That sounds weird...I would suggest contacting your POI directly as I feel Rutgers is more depending on professors.GOOD LUCK!

24 minutes ago, ianmleavitt said:

Waitlisted at GWU for their PhD in Social and Behavioral Sciences. However, I will be removing my name from the list.

I see GWU rejections on the result page too. Wonder if no news from GWU at this moment means something good. 

Just rejected by Harvard. It is expected as I was super nervous in the interview.  BTW, congratulations on your two offers! 

On 2/21/2018 at 9:37 AM, pbcup said:

I see on the survey that somebody received an acceptance to UMich PhD in Epi? Anybody want to claim that, and for what concentration? Thanks! 

Hi, sorry for the late reply, that was me! I received an email from my assigned mentor telling me I was accepted and to expect an official acceptance shortly. I have yet to receive that official offer though. Oh, and I'm cancer epi.

21 minutes ago, epi_aspire said:

Hi, sorry for the late reply, that was me! I received an email from my assigned mentor telling me I was accepted and to expect an official acceptance shortly. I have yet to receive that official offer though. Oh, and I'm cancer epi.

Congrats! Anxiously refreshing my email for news lol. Any idea when official acceptance is coming out?

Edited by pbcup

18 minutes ago, pbcup said:

Congrats! University of Michigan is my top choice, and anxiously refreshing my email for news lol. Any idea when official acceptance is coming out?

Thanks!  No idea, I'm sorry, my potential advisor just said "soon". Did you go to the interview day in early February? You could perhaps email the epi admissions coordinator and ask?

3 minutes ago, epi_aspire said:

Thanks!  No idea, I'm sorry, my potential advisor just said "soon". Did you go to the interview day in early February? You could perhaps email the epi admissions coordinator and ask?

No problem! I think it's probably gonna be this week or next

Hi all!

Another lurker here. Thanks to everyone who replies to this thread-it's one of the few things that kept me sane throughout this process haha. Just want to claim the acceptance to the PhD program in Health Services Research and Policy at Pitt! Still waiting on GW.

Good luck to everyone out there!

Edited by HSRWannabe

Can we assume an “unofficial” acceptance to be a sure thing? I got an email that I was accepted to a PhD program and they said the official letter would be sent out soon. Im not sure what goes into the process of offering someone an official acceptance, but can we assume we’re definitely in before the official letter comes? I know it sounds nonsensical, but I can hardly believe I got in!

5 minutes ago, Acf09 said:

Can we assume an “unofficial” acceptance to be a sure thing? I got an email that I was accepted to a PhD program and they said the official letter would be sent out soon. Im not sure what goes into the process of offering someone an official acceptance, but can we assume we’re definitely in before the official letter comes? I know it sounds nonsensical, but I can hardly believe I got in!

I highly doubt they would tell you that you were accepted unless they were sure  about it. I imagine that could be a tricky situation for them if they had to rescind that. There's no advantage for them to tell you these things earlier than necessary, especially if they had any doubt. So congrats :) What school?

15 minutes ago, Acf09 said:

Congratulations!! Where was it for?