Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

On January 22, 2019 at 4:21 PM, AlexandraF said:

Some updates: I emailed Buffalo and heard that the admissions officer is waiting to hear back whether all invites were extended. 

FDU sent an email last wk that they should all be extended by tomorrow, and LIU Brooklyn said hopefully by the end of the week. 

I think USC has been extended right? Anyone know about stony brook? 

I haven't heard anything from USC or seen any results posted for non-clinical. For clinical, there were a couple interview invitations posted on the results page on Jan 10.

Any other updates for USC, in particular non-clinical?

Edited by NeuroPh
Forgot to add question at the end.

Does anyone know anything if all interview invites have been extended for the Clinical Psychology PhD program at Washington State University (in Pullman, WA)? I have only seen one post on the results page and two posts in the clinical psych interview invite forum. I know their interview day is March 1st. If anyone knows if their interview offers are finished being extended or not, please let  me know! Thank you!

12 minutes ago, PsychM said:

Does anyone know anything if all interview invites have been extended for the Clinical Psychology PhD program at Washington State University (in Pullman, WA)? I have only seen one post on the results page and two posts in the clinical psych interview invite forum. I know their interview day is March 1st. If anyone knows if their interview offers are finished being extended or not, please let  me know! Thank you!

Yeah they’ve been done since December. 

3 hours ago, nebulousmilk said:

Still haven't heard anything from UC Davis, the email they sent the last time to assume rejection if not heard from by the 25th, so maybe they anticipated being further behind.

Tomorrow is Saturday, so I guess it that leaves today only to receive an invite.

19 hours ago, justacigar said:

Whaaaat?! This is good hopeful news (maybe?!?!) 

I had given up hope on this program as well, but some invites did go out in February last year...sigh..

P.S. is it common for POI's to reach out to letter writers? or mentors? 

I'm hoping it's good news but I have no idea what to expect at this point! 

I'm not sure it's common for them to reach out, but apparently my letter writer filled out a scale backwards when evaluating me. He said that he wrote a very positive letter and then they have a "how qualified is this person" scale or something to that extent, and he filled it out backwards and said I was not qualified (lol, loved hearing that!). Apparently my POI reached out to ask him if he had meant it that way, and said "she wanted to bring my application to the review board". So essentially, a mess and a half that is now causing me false hope - the cycle continues! 

30 minutes ago, CCVAN said:

Tomorrow is Saturday, so I guess it that leaves today only to receive an invite.

Tomorrow is Friday? It’s only noon on the East Coast of the US so you’ve got 5-8 hours today, depending on the school, plus all day tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, ItsExistential said:

That moment when your last hope is UMKC, and you see a call come in from a Kansas City number...
But it's just one of those spam calls.
My heart literally stopped.?

Spam calls are the absolute WORST. There are just so many ways to torture aspiring grad students...

Do I just assume rejection at this point in regards to schools I haven’t heard back from? Maybe there’s a waitlist possibility? I just felt like I was wayyyy out of my league this year. No rejections so far, no invitations either, just crickets and anticipation from every school lol.

5 hours ago, ItsExistential said:

That moment when your last hope is UMKC, and you see a call come in from a Kansas City number...
But it's just one of those spam calls.
My heart literally stopped.?

Saaaaame, but from Pennsylvania. Was secretly hoping Drexel realized the error of their ways and was extending me an interview offer lmao. Nope, was someone trying to sell me auto insurance.

Ah, I know I've seen some posts before.. but anyone hear anything yet from Suffolk, UMass Boston, or BU (I assume their invites all went out... but I also saw a new update in the results so I am not sure if they are trickling in)? I know Suffolk said their deadline is January 25th, but its been silence from them this week...

Im going absolutely insane between the constant refreshing and minor panics whenever my phone goes off!!

((also, spam calls are indeed The Worst!!))

1 hour ago, gottogetthatphd said:

Is the person who posted the results about University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in this thread? I'd love to know their initial's PI's as I am waiting (eagerly) to hear about whether or not I got an offer! 

An offer of admission or an offer of interview?