2019 Applicants

4 minutes ago, Ranmaag said:

Has anyone here had dreams about the applying to grad school/decisions so far?

The night before getting my rejection letter from UChicago, I dreamt that I was already admitted and went to my “first day of class”. It was an abandoned futuristic building in the middle of the desert. I went up the stairs (they were extremely fragile), entered the classroom and found that the two professors that were welcoming us were Miranda Priestly, from “The Devil Wears Prada”, and Mr. B., an American History teacher I had when I was a exchange high school student in the US 15 years ago. Miranda then takes me on a tour around the “campus” and proudly shows me the library, which looks like a poorer version of the main hall of the Grand Budapest Hotel. 

1 hour ago, Ranmaag said:

Has anyone here had dreams about applying to grad school/decisions so far?

Haven't had any dreams/nightmares about grad school per se, but I'm rereading Paul Saint-Amour's chapter on perpetual suspense in Woolf's novels (vis-à-vis the prospect of total war) for my honours thesis, and it seems I'm trapped in a perpetual waking nightmare ?‍♀️

Just got a call from NYU (I was admitted!!!!!) I was told that I should be receiving an official “letter” via email with program details by the end of the week, so I think if rejections haven’t gone out by then but you haven’t been called, that should be a sign ? I wish you all strong hearts and best of luck! 

Edited by 3131

2 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

Trying to determine whether I should consider UC Davis a rejection at this point. Wanna steel myself against the pain of rejection, but also don't want to be unnecessarily pessimistic. What a balance haha.

This is my second cycle around and at this point if I don't hear from a school within 3-5 days of the first result being posted on the board I take it as an implied rejection 

That way if it isn't I can be pleasantly surprised, lol

(Your mileage may vary)

47 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

Trying to determine whether I should consider UC Davis a rejection at this point. Wanna steel myself against the pain of rejection, but also don't want to be unnecessarily pessimistic. What a balance haha.

Not to be a debbie downer but last year they sent the rejections out 10 days after the acceptances so I'm considering it a rejection.

2 hours ago, trytostay said:

Does anyone know where to find dates of past accepted students days? I have a vacation planned at the end of March and I'm worried it's going to conflict. 

Try googling “gradcafe results” and specify “english” from the site. You can see the results from wayyyyy back ;)

edit: spelling

Edited by Hopeful and Not

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I  just logged in to U of North Texas' site and saw my status as Decision Deferred. There was also a note that they need my final transcript. I'm assuming that just means my transcript with Fall semester's grades? And is it bad that I'm just seeing this message so late in the game? Kinda wondering why they didn't send an email to me about it. I saw on the boards that UNT has sent acceptances already. Any insight into what Decision Deferred might mean, I would be glad to hear it. 

22 hours ago, briwriteshere said:

@mwils15 @dreamumlifdon Hi, I'm the acceptance on the board! I was notified via email earlier today from the department coordinator and DGS. Not too much info yet other than the fact that I was awarded a funding package and will receive further details later this week via phone. It seems like they're notifying funding recipients first, though I'm still surprised I heard something back so soon. Best of luck to you both!

Just got my acceptance! No funding though, so congrats on that!

I woke up to the UCSB acceptance on the board. Congrats!!! I am really excited for whoever you are.

However, I am really down now. I think UCSB was the one I was like "well I fit SUPER well there so..." Now I am just sitting here wondering how I messed up on applications so badly and what I can do to improve...