2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

31 minutes ago, psych-hopeful said:

Was this since interview day? I’ve heard that the program director calls to give acceptances, do you think that could be what he means?

no it's not about acceptances, it's just another clinical interview (I think in my case in particular they wanted one more clinical prof to speak to me since I was applying to work with a non-clinical prof)

Got an email at 3:57 p.m. to check my grad portal for UAlberta.  Please confirm I'm not dreaming!?!  I got accepted into UAlberta's SCCP MEd program!!!!!  I'm SO happy!  I've been working toward this goal for a long time.  This is the happiest day of my life!!!!!  Though, just last night I realized I had an error in my statement of intent.  I somehow said I wanted to work and live in the field of SCCP; I had a good laugh over it.  I do think, to some extent, academics "live" in their fields anyways.  I think I will tour the UAlberta campus before accepting just to really, really make sure that's where I want to be (especially because I'm either going to have rent or sell my house in Calgary now), but I plan to release my UCalgary MSc SACP offer in a week or two.

Offer.png

20 minutes ago, VanessaB said:

Got an email at 3:57 p.m. to check my grad portal for UAlberta.  Please confirm I'm not dreaming!?!  I got accepted into UAlberta's SCCP MEd program!!!!!  I'm SO happy!  I've been working toward this goal for a long time.  This is the happiest day of my life!!!!!  Though, just last night I realized I had an error in my statement of intent.  I somehow said I wanted to work and live in the field of SCCP; I had a good laugh over it.  I do think, to some extent, academics "live" in their fields anyways.  I think I will tour the UAlberta campus before accepting just to really, really make sure that's where I want to be (especially because I'm either going to have rent or sell my house in Calgary now), but I plan to release my UCalgary MSc SACP offer in a week or two.

Offer.png

Omg congratulations! UofA is a great school! Hopefully my friend will receive the same news as you! GO CELEBRATE!! :)

3 hours ago, Psithurisms said:

Hmm, unfortunately I'm not sure, but they are certainly in the process of finalizing things based on the information I got. I encourage you to follow up with your POI if you've been corresponding or speaking with them. It sucked finding out I was out of the running but it is better than waiting!

I would also love to know what's going on with Ottawa. Looks like someone on the results page heard back, no idea who the POI was. If anyone else has heard back, I'd be interested to know - especially if it looks like first round of invites has gone out. 

26 minutes ago, WeirdFlex said:

I would also love to know what's going on with Ottawa. Looks like someone on the results page heard back, no idea who the POI was. If anyone else has heard back, I'd be interested to know - especially if it looks like first round of invites has gone out. 

No invites have gone out yet. They are still interviewing. 

1 hour ago, VanessaB said:

Offer.png

That is incredible news, CONGRATS!! ?

3 hours ago, VanessaB said:

Offer.png

Congrats!!!

4 hours ago, VanessaB said:

Offer.png

Congrats!! I don't see it as an error, I think it shows your dedication and passion towards the field of SCCP :) So happy for you!

5 hours ago, VanessaB said:

Offer.png

that's so amazing! What a great feeling this must be. I went to Edmonton this summer to check out U of A and I found it to be a nice campus, and its central so close to lots of great living options! congrats

17 hours ago, VanessaB said:

Offer.png

This is wonderful, congratulations!!?

58 minutes ago, springxsummer said:

What is proper etiquette for declining an offer? Should I email my POI in addition to whom ever sent out the letter just to let them know that it was appreciated?

Great q :) You can reply to the offer email (usually grad program coordinator) and also cc your POI. Thank them both for the offer, but after much consideration, you need to decline the offer.

22 minutes ago, Quicksilver25 said:

Any news from UCalgary applicants? I spoke with a few current students and they told me their offers went out one week after their open house.

nothing yet ? I'm getting kind of nervous

1 hour ago, Mickey26 said:

Great q :) You can reply to the offer email (usually grad program coordinator) and also cc your POI. Thank them both for the offer, but after much consideration, you need to decline the offer.

This makes sense, thank you!!

1 hour ago, Quicksilver25 said:

Any news from UCalgary applicants? I spoke with a few current students and they told me their offers went out one week after their open house.

41 minutes ago, ClinPsyc20 said:

nothing yet ? I'm getting kind of nervous

I haven't heard yet either!

21 minutes ago, Clinicalpsych101 said:

To the person accepted to Ryerson congratulations!!! did you hear from your POI or program director?

Thank you! Program director called me. Emailed first to schedule a time.

Edited by gena