11 minutes ago, Cryss said:

My application season ends with the official Penn rejection. Hope to never do it again. But alas, academia. 

Sending good vibes to everyone.

Out of reacts, but congratulations on your acceptances, I feel the disappointment with you on your rejections, and I hope the decision process goes smoothly!

And with that, my season is over. Thank god. 10 rejections, outted from all of my "dream" programs but one (Thank god x2). Its was crazy and nonsensical , and I'm grateful as hell. Time to decompress and breathe again. 

6 hours ago, gooniesneversaydie said:

Info on the board about BU sending out notifications late Feb to mid March. Good lord, out of the 9,000 of us who are apparently waiting, how many will get in?!

??????

Amidst the desperate cries for news from Boston, I am STILL trying to get a peep out of UCONN. I saw one rejection pop up the other day. I emailed the DGS, but I have not received a reply. Any suggestions or ideas?

Just called Maryland- my app status still said “under departmental review.” She told me final results should come out next week. Just an update for those who are anxiously waiting cuz they saw the results people have posted of Maryland. 

Edited by alphabet soup

If there are any lurkers here for the Cambridge MPhils or PhDs — I know there have been acceptances on the board but not sure anyone has posted — I’ve been told by the department following a question about college scholarships that they’re not releasing any further info on funding (nominations or otherwise) for now. Results are due out with the rest of the studentship  competitions in March.

There have been some people this year who’ve mentioned hearing that they’ve not been put forward for funding, and last year they did seem to notify some nominees that they were under consideration in mid-March, but not sure what’s happening this time.

22 hours ago, lotsoffeelings said:

Does anyone know what kinds of questions are appropriate to ask when you're on waitlist somewhere (in this case, UW)? I am a novice to this whole process and generally afraid of emailing people in general. I mostly want to know 1) size of waitlist 2) general timeline for the process, but I'm not sure the best way to frame these questions. 

Reupping this, since I'm curious to know what the etiquette is for waitlistees to express their continued interest (beyond the initial "yes, I'd like to be on the waitlist" email). I'm also interested in knowing about how to ask/whether it is polite to ask about the size of the admitted cohort, the size of the waitlist, and one's ranking on the waitlist, in order to manage expectations. 

Ok full disclosure: I think everyone is suffering because of me. I am in the mix, I am unusually unlucky, but this time I am taking everyone down with me. I am sorry. Someone/something is punishing me (with no acc, and one nail left to bite, and one school to hear from) and it's not your faults

4 minutes ago, Emailchecker said:

Ok full disclosure: I think everyone is suffering because of me. I am in the mix, I am unusually unlucky, but this time I am taking everyone down with me. I am sorry. Someone/something is punishing me (with no acc, and one nail left to bite, and one school to hear from) and it's not your faults

I'm incredibly grateful that you're here to share these experiences with, so... While I hate that it comes down to this last school for you, I think you should recognize what an incredibly strong and bomb-ass person you are for going through this process. You are not taking anyone down - by being here and sharing your experiences you help lift us all up and give us comfort in knowing we're not alone. There are so many roads left to go down, so don't let this one throw you off completely. 

3 hours ago, Jetpacked said:

If there are any lurkers here for the Cambridge MPhils or PhDs — I know there have been acceptances on the board but not sure anyone has posted — I’ve been told by the department following a question about college scholarships that they’re not releasing any further info on funding (nominations or otherwise) for now. Results are due out with the rest of the studentship  competitions in March.

There have been some people this year who’ve mentioned hearing that they’ve not been put forward for funding, and last year they did seem to notify some nominees that they were under consideration in mid-March, but not sure what’s happening this time.

Hi, I am one of the PhD in English acceptances, and I was told that I was being put forward for funding when I was contacted by my POI, following which I had an interview with her.

I don't know what the process is usually like, but I was very explicitly told that this is happening...