2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

9 minutes ago, Drew James said:

Anyone else having a tough time with waiting to hear back from schools? It's basically all I think about

I've been ok up to this point, knowing we are about to start the first week of Jan and everyone is coming back to work has me consumed by it today. The dreams of various wild (and irrelevant) assessments to gain acceptance are on the uptick and it is allllllll I am thinking about right now. 

I say this knowing that the majority of schools have not yet finished their screening and haven't even begun to reach out, but I think I've never wanted anything in my life as badly as this. You aren't alone OP!

1 hour ago, Drew James said:

Anyone else having a tough time with waiting to hear back from schools? It's basically all I think about

Me too! I tried taking a break from the forum and thinking about it during the holidays, but today I realized it's the first week of January and that we will start hearing back soon! I'm so anxious and eager at the same time!

Edited by Hope466

How do you guys think the interview process will change this year with things being online? I know some schools would normally have an interview day or more than one interview for some applicants, so do you think there will be some kind of equivalent? I'm not even getting my hopes up about receiving any interviews but am interested in any insight or speculation anyone might be able to offer!

1 minute ago, psych51038 said:

How do you guys think the interview process will change this year with things being online? I know some schools would normally have an interview day or more than one interview for some applicants, so do you think there will be some kind of equivalent? I'm not even getting my hopes up about receiving any interviews but am interested in any insight or speculation anyone might be able to offer!

I think a mass group interview may not work out - or open house style meet and greet, instead I'm assuming zoom interviews will take place. I could be wrong though, maybe a mass zoom call/open house to talk about their programs and their plans will still happen? 

29 minutes ago, CateFace said:

I think a mass group interview may not work out - or open house style meet and greet, instead I'm assuming zoom interviews will take place. I could be wrong though, maybe a mass zoom call/open house to talk about their programs and their plans will still happen? 

I could definitely seeing those mass zoom calls or open houses being helpful if they were to be options. To anyone who interviews this cycle, keep us posted on how things are being conducted! I'm so curious to see how each school adapts.

2 hours ago, psych51038 said:

I've heard from one school that they still plan to do both 1:1 interviews and a "panel" interview with multiple admissions committee members interviewing one candidate at a time, all over Zoom. They also mentioned that they will be trying to put together a video tour of the facilities/psych department in lieu of an open house.

1 hour ago, emsmith said:

Welcome to the return of the working week... the season where every email notification makes me jump out of my skin and fills me with existential dread ?

Anyone else exceedingly jumpy today? 

100%, now it's no longer "oh it's the holidays!" but rather "oh, now's the time they'll start sending more emails out"... to make it worse I still have one more week of break because my university extended winter break due to COVID so I don't even have school to distract myself ahhhhh

18 hours ago, psych51038 said:

I think Zoom/Skype interviews are definitely going to be a thing for every school. As for the open houses, Queen's back in November did a virtual "open house" where they had one big presentation about the psychology department, a separate smaller one for clinical, and even smaller ones for individual labs/POI's. Perhaps other universities might follow suit?

Regardless, I would hope that no university is holding an in-person open house at this time. If any of my prospective schools are, I would be extremely disappointed.

30 minutes ago, clinical_psyc_hopeful said:

Can the person who just posted on the results page regarding an interview at Ryerson please PM me :)

Me too if possible :) and congrats!