2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

1 hour ago, broski said:

For anyone applying to McMaster, PNB department was recently investigated in response to several sexual assault charges against a few faculty and grad students. A law firm independently reviewed the department culture. Interesting read and the dept is defs taking steps to address their issues. 

https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilton-region/2020/12/03/review-uncovered-systemic-and-cultural-issues-at-mcmasters-psychology-department.html

Anyone interviewing at McMaster should DEFINITELY ask about these in faculty and student interviews--folks deserve to know that how the department is actively making changes and how changes will be implemented. These are not claims to be held lightly (that and the other huge scientific fraud case in the department are making me really look at mac with a side eye). 

5 hours ago, UroboroS said:

I completely understand how you're feeling! It's so hard to wait on receiving news. Although, it might help to know that communication between the programs and applicants to inform of interviews, etc. are done through email. Most, if not all, portals will only be updated if you receive an offer of admission (a formal letter indicating a funding package, etc) or a rejection letter. For clinical psych programs, those are communicated after an interview process. I am not aware of any clinical programs in Canada that make offers without interviewing applicants. I may be wrong on this as I've heard anecdotally that UAlberta's school/clinical program may do so, and way long ago on the results page someone said they received an offer from McGill without an interview.  Virtually none of my portals changed throughout the entire cycle until the end, March/April. I would make sure to check your spam folders and other folders in your email inbox for communication! :) 

And just a heads up, for Calgary's clinical program, the program coordinator sends invites en masse to everyone on one specific day with the POI cc'd. Historically it has been on the first/second week of Jan.

Hope that helps!

I started SCCP at UAlberta last year and I can confirm that they don’t conduct formal interviews prior to admission decisions. I was not interviewed prior to my admission offer there last year.

Edited by VanessaB

2 hours ago, pastel2020 said:

If comfortable, could the person who got an interview invite from Guelph PM me? Thank you! 

40 minutes ago, coffee7874 said:

I would very much appreciate that as well :)

Me too please!

28 minutes ago, Sue2020 said:

Does anyone know when York starts sending out interview request emails?? 

Toward the end of Jan I believe, if not first week of feb. they’re typically later because the deadline is later

Hi folks!!! I haven't been as active on here but figured I'd post the interviews I've gotten so far as it's been so nice/helpful to see other people posting! Things are starting:) Good luck to everyone! 

School: Dalhousie

Type: Clinical Psychology (MSc/PhD) 

Date of invite: 12/11/2020

Type of invite: Email from POI/Department 

Interview date(s): Mid-December 

School: University of New Brunswick 

Type: Clinical Psychology (MA/PhD)

Date of invite: 1/7/2021

Type of invite: Email from POI inviting me to interview 

Interview date(s): Mid-January 

School: University of British Columbia (Van) 

Type: Clinical Psychology (MA) 

Type of invite: Email from POI inviting me to 2-day recruitment event 

Interview date(s): Early February

Edited by your.local.et.al

1 hour ago, your.local.et.al said:

Hi folks!!! I haven't been as active on here but figured I'd post the interviews I've gotten so far as it's been so nice/helpful to see other people posting! Things are starting:) Good luck to everyone! 

Holy moly! Way to go!! Huge congrats, I can't wait to see what you decide in the end! 

2 hours ago, your.local.et.al said:

Congrats! That’s incredible, and best of luck on all of them!!

20 hours ago, Sue2020 said:

Does anyone know when York starts sending out interview request emails?? 

yes!!! when? lol waiting and watching and OISE too? the deadline for OISE was earlier than most other programs