PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

1 hour ago, Notwherebutwhen said:

Updated-

This is for Ph.D. programs

Accepted: BU (interviewed), NYU (interviewed)

Pending decisions: UCLA (interviewed), USC (no interview)

Rejected: Emory (interviewed)

Anyone heard back from UCLA CHS and USC HBR yet? I'm seeing few acceptance for those two programs in the results page, so I'm just waiting for a rejection. 

Hi! I was offered admission to UCLA CHS about 2 weeks ago and received my official admission's letter via email last week. Hope this helps and good luck! 

1 hour ago, Notwherebutwhen said:

Anyone heard back from UCLA CHS and USC HBR yet? 

On Feb. 5th, I asked UCLA CHS for an update and they said "The department of community’s health sciences is currently making selections. You can expect a decision within the next month." So, I'm expecting a rejection within the next 4 days ?

I got into Tulane's DrPH program!!!!

I am so shocked and I am feeling so blessed! I got the news today around 4:30 and I'm still shook lol. I'm also really excited to potentially work with my advisor and be in NOLA - which is one of my favorite cities in the country.

Still waiting on 4 other schools: GW, Hopkins, BUSPH (interviewed), and Rutgers. Honestly, I'm just grateful to have gotten in somewhere. Every other decision will just be icing on the cake. Praying for options, but pretty happy with this one if it ends up being my only acceptance!

1 hour ago, IAAJ said:

I am so shocked and I am feeling so blessed! I got the news today around 4:30 and I'm still shook lol. I'm also really excited to potentially work with my advisor and be in NOLA - which is one of my favorite cities in the country.

Still waiting on 4 other schools: GW, Hopkins, BUSPH (interviewed), and Rutgers. Honestly, I'm just grateful to have gotten in somewhere. Every other decision will just be icing on the cake. Praying for options, but pretty happy with this one if it ends up being my only acceptance!

Agreed, NOLA is the best!! Congrats!!

2 hours ago, IAAJ said:

CONGRATS!!! This must be a huge burden off you shoulders and a great start to March wooot! Quick question tho since I'm still waiting to hear back: did you interview? 

56 minutes ago, KetchupandMayo said:

Hi all, I have received an interview from USF DrPH program. Anyone else in the same boat? Any advice on how to prepare for these interviews? 

Have received rejection from UNC. Thank you! 

I also received an interview invite from USF. This is my first interview, so I’m not sure what to expect. 

I was accepted to CUNY's PhD program in epi. I received 2 emails, one generic and the other from my interviewer. Still waiting to hear about funding/fellowships. I'm also waiting to hear back from Columbia (PhD epi). I think I would pick CUNY over Columbia anyways, but I need all the information before I make a decision.

16 hours ago, IAAJ said:

Congrats :) 

Did you get interviewed for JHU DrPH?

Edited by nash7

32 minutes ago, srp10215 said:

Hi friends. If anyone is choosing between UNC HB, BU HSR, and/or Emory BSHES (all PhD), feel free to DM me and I can try and create a group! Would be great if we could bounce our thoughts off each other and start building community with potential cohortmates. 

Would love to talk about UNC HB! Just messaged you :)