PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

3 hours ago, ♀HealthMatters said:

I'm over 30, applying for MCH epi, and also about to try and get my eggs frozen for a time when I've completed coursework. We're all a bit nuts, but I wouldn't have it any other way ❤️

We may actually have to go this route too... I’ll be turning 36 in a couple of weeks and also just found out that we may need to go through preimplantation genetic screening... ? Come join our “parenting” thread! 

6 hours ago, t12345 said:

I interviewed for that track last week.

How about UNC Health Policy and Management? I noticed an acceptance on the results page. Any interviewees out there?

I received an interview invite for the DrPH in HPM at UNC but haven't had it yet. Was the acceptance for the DrPH?

1 hour ago, XXXXXXphd2021 said:

Did anyone notice the whole thread of PhD 2020 was gone? 

Hey sorry longtime lurker, I noticed that as well.

I believe the user that was upset about the troll human/moderator situation was also the one that had started the PhD 2020 thread. When that user had their account deleted, it must have deleted that whole thread?

Anyone heard back from Harvard Dr. PH program? Just saw an acceptance on the results page, normally they send out decisions in March, just wondering ...do they decide to send out emails earlier this year?

Thanks,

And anyone heard back from JHU international health(health system)? I saw several refusal only...

1 hour ago, PHD2021 said:

Anyone heard back from Harvard Dr. PH program? Just saw an acceptance on the results page, normally they send out decisions in March, just wondering ...do they decide to send out emails earlier this year?

Thanks,

And anyone heard back from JHU international health(health system)? I saw several refusal only...

In past years the Harvard DrPH sent out offers from mid-Feb, and rejections in March. No news yet on my end and am quite nervous! The cohort is extremely small so I doubt it will take too long for them to send all offers out. If I don't hear back in the next 2 working days I'll assume I've been waitlisted/rejected :(

4 hours ago, PhDEpixxx said:

I believe the user that was upset about the troll human/moderator situation was also the one that had started the PhD 2020 thread. When that user had their account deleted, it must have deleted that whole thread?

@CatMeow1234you better not go anywhere! You’re stuck with us. ?

4 hours ago, PHD2021 said:

Thanks,

Also waiting to hear back from JHU Health Systems. Did you interview? 

3 hours ago, Waitingispain said:

In past years the Harvard DrPH sent out offers from mid-Feb, and rejections in March. No news yet on my end and am quite nervous! The cohort is extremely small so I doubt it will take too long for them to send all offers out. If I don't hear back in the next 2 working days I'll assume I've been waitlisted/rejected :(

I interviewed on Jan 14 for first round Harvard DrPH interview. I am assuming I was not moved forward in the process bc I haven't heard since and they do two rounds of interviews. From speaking with others I know it's both small and a super competitive program, even in a non-covid year!

1 hour ago, almondbutter_em said:

I interviewed on Jan 14 for first round Harvard DrPH interview. I am assuming I was not moved forward in the process bc I haven't heard since and they do two rounds of interviews. From speaking with others I know it's both small and a super competitive program, even in a non-covid year!

It really is extremely competitive. So much of it is about luck as well I think, because there's a big emphasis on cohorts admitting candidates from varied public health disciplines and career paths. A lot of applicants might be expert epidemiologists for example, but the program might just be looking to fill 1 spot for someone with an epi background. 

My second interview was pretty meh, so I am not very confident at this point. I was hoping to nerd out about my research interests but was thrown off by questions like 'which leader do you admire the most and why?' ?

4 minutes ago, Waitingispain said:

Waitlisted :(

Waitlisted for Harvard's DrPH program?  Based on everything you said, that sounds like an AMAZING accomplishment, though I know an acceptance would feel much better.  Keep your head up.

Edited by DrPH or Bust

1 hour ago, Waitingispain said:

It really is extremely competitive. So much of it is about luck as well I think, because there's a big emphasis on cohorts admitting candidates from varied public health disciplines and career paths. A lot of applicants might be expert epidemiologists for example, but the program might just be looking to fill 1 spot for someone with an epi background. 

My second interview was pretty meh, so I am not very confident at this point. I was hoping to nerd out about my research interests but was thrown off by questions like 'which leader do you admire the most and why?' ?

Lol! The same type of thing happened to me in one of my interviews... definitely not questions I was prepared for ?

11 hours ago, PhDEpixxx said:

Ahh that's too bad. That thread has been so helpful!!! 

4 minutes ago, asn621 said:

Hey everyone! Has anyone heard anything from JHU PHD Mental Health, Columbia Epi, Yale Chronic Epi, or GWU Epi?

not heard from columbia Epi yet... still waiting . The last email I got said there will be interviews conducted for some applicants but not all that applied and I should hear around March 5th...