2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

1 hour ago, ssppiikkeerr said:

Got an MSU acceptance letter from the DGS with an initial offer! No news from UCSD (rejection or acceptance), so curious about that. Either way, strange time of the day for them to issue decisions period. It's still early in Cali, so I'll attempt to keep any pending decision from them out of my mind today so I don't anxiously refresh my email more than I do already. 

Congratulations to those receiving offers! To those who haven't, @icemanyeo said it best: "...rejections are not a statement about who you are as an applicant." We all have worked so hard to craft these applications and put ourselves out there to get scrutinized and labeled with an artificial "decision." You are not just any particular acceptance or rejection. I know it's likely hypocritical coming from someone who has been admitted to a few places, but I'm just trying to spread positivity as much as possible - especially during a pandemic. You are all great and I cannot wait to have you all as colleagues one day! 

Hey guy, Congrats!

Will you reject some of your offers soon? I saw you had a lot!! So excellent!

If they're doing ucsd acceptances like they have before, the acceptance message is generic but they have to attach a non-generic pdf, so that probably takes some time. I remember I got my acceptance hours after some others who posted here got their acceptance. It's probably good news for those of you who haven't heard :)

9 minutes ago, gradpumpkin said:

For those with Michigan State admits, congrats! Did your status portal change? I'm wondering if they're being released individually over a few days or all at once. 

My status portal didn’t change. But the email from the DGS seemed individual and somewhat personal, compared to other emails I’ve received. May be sending them out individually. 

22 minutes ago, Theory007 said:

Sounds like you're in at UCSD. I'd be feeling really good right now if I was you :) 

I’ll keep my fingers crossed! I’m happy with the cycle I’m having and just honored to be considered at some really great schools. ?

33 minutes ago, Lovemyboy said:

Hey guy, Congrats!

Will you reject some of your offers soon? I saw you had a lot!! So excellent!

Thank you! I’m just honored to be considered at some really great schools. 

Yes, I will be. I have been sort of creating a plan/ranking of my current admits. To be honest, I’m just waiting on a few more schools that we should hear back from within the next two weeks to make a final decision. I’m also scheduling a meeting with my current professors to deliberate between some options. 

Short answer though is yes, I will be here soon. 

11 minutes ago, StarkDark1 said:

When do you think we can expect to hear from BU?  Been waiting anxiously for this one...  ?

It can be at any time really. The past couple of years would indicate decisions should have come this week (ofc we still have tomorrow). But, I think there's been a possible delay, as indicated by the suggested time frame in the email they sent. 

1 minute ago, tryingherbest said:

To those applying to BU, what subfields are y'all interested in? Best of luck to you all! I am anxiously waiting too. I am hopeful that we will hear tomorrow!

I hope we hear back too. I applied as a comparativist 

2 minutes ago, tryingherbest said:

To those applying to BU, what subfields are y'all interested in? Best of luck to you all! I am anxiously waiting too. I am hopeful that we will hear tomorrow!

IR, working on US-China competition of energy

Edited by China_IR

4 minutes ago, tryingherbest said:

2 minutes ago, polisci_gal said:

I hope we hear back too. I applied as a comparativist 

Same here! 

29 minutes ago, ssppiikkeerr said:

Thank you! I’m just honored to be considered at some really great schools. 

Yes, I will be. I have been sort of creating a plan/ranking of my current admits. To be honest, I’m just waiting on a few more schools that we should hear back from within the next two weeks to make a final decision. I’m also scheduling a meeting with my current professors to deliberate between some options. 

Short answer though is yes, I will be here soon. 

Great!.. Coz I'm on waitlist for these schools... So I'd be very appreciated  if you can make your decisions soon.

Congrats again!