MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

22 hours ago, Bodys said:

Has anyone heard anything from University of Washington for Painting/Drawing or from Washington State (WSU)?

I haven’t heard anything from Washington state either ??‍♀️

3 hours ago, AngryHarold said:

no, i had a skype interview last year.

You got in off the waitlist, correct?  How did they notify you that you were waitlisted and when did you find out?  I interviewed for RISD painting just over a week ago, and haven't received an acceptance call, so I think there's a strong possibility I'm rejected or waitlisted at this point. 

I got accepted to SAIC in Visual Communication Design but got rejected by MICA. It seems that SAIC has a very distinct way of evaluating student work. I do not know what exactly made them think I was fit and qualified for the program, but I am guessing that they are highly concept focused and if they are likely to admit students showing conceptual potential, or those who have similar pathways as their faculty who could guide their artistic careers. But I'm still kinda sad that I wasn't qualified for MICA...

Does anyone have any insight on being waitlisted (specifically at RISD, but also in general)? I'm wondering if there's anything I should do in the meantime to increase my chances of being admitted. 

I'm also curious (and some of these may be entirely unanswerable):

-If a spot opens up, is there still a chance for any funding?

-How many people do they tend to waitlist in a department like Printmaking?

-Is there a priority ranking I could potentially inquire about?

I'm not prepared to direct these questions to RISD, at this time, as I want to tread carefully! So any info/experience/speculation is helpful!

Is there anyone who got funding package from Cranbrook? I think Cranbrook has good environment to do artwork but they sent me acceptance letter without funding. So I hesitating a little. What do you think about this, guys?

If you were me, will you decide to go to Cranbrook without funding or go to another school that gives you scholarship?

Edited by Nik2

22 hours ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

How much did you recieve? Also, what offer are you considering as final options?

Pratt offered me 40,000 (or 20k annually).

I'm still waiting on funding from CalArts and RISD, which are probably my two top choices. I need to weigh finances for the other schools, but I guess that I'm leaning RISD. I honestly have no idea how to decide. Anyone have advice on how to make a decision?

3 hours ago, Herry said:

Still haven't heard from RISD sculpture and Hunter studio art. 

Has anyone got an acceptance from these schools? 

I heard nothing from RISD sculpture as well..

6 hours ago, neversure2 said:

when did you have your slade interview? some people heard back

Oh, that's not good... I interviewed on February 19th for painting. I've e-mailed them asking for an update but heard nothing back. I guess I should assume a rejection then? ?

On 3/12/2019 at 8:58 AM, ACarney said:

I interviewed and haven't heard back. I am getting pretty worried! If anyone has heard please let us know. 

I've been accepted to their painting program in March 12, hope the information helps ;D

3 minutes ago, DitDot said:

I've been accepted to their painting program in March 12, hope the information helps ;D

Snap! accepted the offer and all  :-) Are you planning to go?

Can't wait to study under Josephine; past students have nothing but wonderful things to say about her and I loved our interview.

Can't beat a great programme at a great price either! :-D 

4 minutes ago, Ais said:

Snap! accepted the offer and all  :-) Are you planning to go?

Can't wait to study under Josephine; past students have nothing but wonderful things to say about her and I loved our interview.

Can't beat a great programme at a great price either! ?

I'm tempting xD, bc I also got accepted to RCA painting.
I know not much about these two programs, I can't fly there to have first hand experience, and I have limited resources online ?

1 hour ago, DitDot said:

I'm tempting xD, bc I also got accepted to RCA painting.
I know not much about these two programs, I can't fly there to have first hand experience, and I have limited resources online ?

Congrats on being accepted to RCA and Boston U! Knew you would do great interviewing!