MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

17 minutes ago, Baldie15 said:

Sorry to hear. How did they alert you? I’m still waiting for an answer either way! It’s the last school I’m waiting on!

I received an email to check the portal. Good luck!

Edited by Aatt

I was rejected by BU’s Graphic Design program. The last one I’m waiting for is RISD which I’m sure is a no since I’ve heard nothing.

I wonder what they didn’t like about my application. Even my safety school said no. I guess I’ll continue adding to my resume, redo my portfolio, and try again next year. I wish I could see portfolios of accepted students so I have a sense of what style they’re looking for. 

38 minutes ago, JennNoelle said:

Has anyone heard any rejections from Tyler?? 

I just declined an offer that I originally received at the end of last month from painting if that helps to answer anything. I've noticed sculpture and printmaking seem to be further behind in the admissions process.

1 hour ago, JennNoelle said:

Has anyone heard any rejections from Tyler?? 

I emailed them on Wednesday and got an email back

Thanks for getting in touch. The department is finalizing decisions and everything should be announced within the next week or less. Keep an eye on your TUportal as this is where your decision will be posted. Let me know if you have any questions and best of luck!”

Hoping this means we haven’t been rejected just yet! I applied for Painting.  

5 hours ago, SerpentSkort said:

Still haven’t heard from parson’s fine arts mfa or Tyler’s sculpture department... think I’m officially starting to lose it ?

Tyler Sculpture had their interviews in mid February. 

5 hours ago, angpangyi said:

I would like some advice about school my options!

please help me!!

Goldsmiths MFA Arts   vs   MICA MFA Painting   vs   Cranbrook MFA Painting

Congrats for your acceptances! I was accepted MICA & Cranbrook Sculpture and  UCLA for another field. So I have no idea to decide school because they are all good.. deadline of Cranbrook is next Tuesday. It really makes me crazy.. I comparing Cranbrook with UCLA. Their advantages are so different. I think you also have so many thinking to choose the school.. In my case, I'm thinking about location, cost of study and major... maybe it depends on my choice of department..?

14 hours ago, Lemon2Lemonade said:

Two acceptances (one on another field), and waiting to hear results from two more programs. Happy about choices, and debating possibilities. Hard to decide!

Wow! Which field?

4 hours ago, Roof1234 said:

Has anyone heard back from Columbia painting after interviewing? 

I’m still waiting as well! I called the admissions office last week and they said acceptance calls are going out until the end of March. Although I know that two interviewees got calls the weekend of interviews ?

12 hours ago, SerpentSkort said:

Interviewing with Syracuse art video this weekend! 

Good luck! I just interviewed with Prof. Cooper. It’s a relaxed interview and the program is amazing ?

Edited by rosch

More updates on UO. Just got an email from a gal I met at Grad Review in the Fall and apparently the department head emailed her directly letting her know she’d been placed on the waitlist. What that means for the rest of us I’m not sure.. Has anyone else heard anything like this? I guess if we’re not on the waitlist then I guess we’re either in or out at this point!

3 hours ago, TheBarnOwl said:

I’m still waiting as well! I called the admissions office last week and they said acceptance calls are going out until the end of March. Although I know that two interviewees got calls the weekend of interviews ?

Do you know if anyone has gotten rejected or only the two calls that got accepted? Also, how did you hear about the two people that got calls? Thank you! 

4 hours ago, Roof1234 said:

Do you know if anyone has gotten rejected or only the two calls that got accepted? Also, how did you hear about the two people that got calls? Thank you! 

I haven't heard of any rejections, these were acceptance calls. They were my friends so they just texted me when they heard!

4 hours ago, MjamesPDX said:

More updates on UO. Just got an email from a gal I met at Grad Review in the Fall and apparently the department head emailed her directly letting her know she’d been placed on the waitlist. What that means for the rest of us I’m not sure.. Has anyone else heard anything like this? I guess if we’re not on the waitlist then I guess we’re either in or out at this point!

Thanks for the update! I haven't heard anything from them at all... They're the last school I'm waiting to hear back from before I make my decision. None of the schools I've gotten accepted to so far asked for an interview either. Good luck! Oregon would be such a cool place to live and make art for 3 years :)

12 hours ago, TheBarnOwl said:

Has anyone heard word from Hunter for painting? Rejections, acceptances, or waitlist notifications? I seem to remember (from last year) they all went out at the same time, around March 13th-15th.

During my interview on the 9th they said we should hear back in about 2 weeks. So another week or so roughly?  Good luck!

Recieved a unofficial notification from UIC :

"We have recommended to the Graduate College of the University of Illinois at Chicago that you be admitted with full graduate standing to the Master of Design (MDes) in Graphic Design program in the UIC School of Design.

Once the Graduate College confirms our decision and the UIC Office of Graduate Admissions verifies the receipt of all necessary credentials, you will receive official notification with further information.”

So anxious for the final admission letter! I hope they give out a little funding. ?
Edited by Pallavi.Daga