Jump to content
justaylor

MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DitDot said:

I'm tempting xD, bc I also got accepted to RCA painting.
I know not much about these two programs, I can't fly there to have first hand experience, and I have limited resources online 😕

Congrats on being accepted to RCA and Boston U! Knew you would do great interviewing!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Waitlisted at UConn for painting! I had completely given up hope for this school, so this was a wonderful surprise. My fingers are crossed extremely tightly!

Edited by Bodys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 4:10 PM, yeet said:

Just heard back from CCA via email- accepted with $31k per year in scholarships

When did you have your interview, if you don’t mind me asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Brittany0Kay said:

Does anyone have any insight on being waitlisted (specifically at RISD, but also in general)? I'm wondering if there's anything I should do in the meantime to increase my chances of being admitted. 

I'm also curious (and some of these may be entirely unanswerable):

-If a spot opens up, is there still a chance for any funding?

-How many people do they tend to waitlist in a department like Printmaking?

-Is there a priority ranking I could potentially inquire about?

I'm not prepared to direct these questions to RISD, at this time, as I want to tread carefully! So any info/experience/speculation is helpful!

I'm also curious about the above - even just to hear people's opinions. The waitlist feels so precarious, like one wrong move could bump me off. Ha...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, chz&pcake said:

I sent an email on Monday to the graduate coordinator, I'll let you know if she gets back to me

Anything back on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 6:40 PM, tee_lemon said:

Oh my gosh! I’m interviewing with NYU tomorrow! Can you give me any insight on how the interview went/who interviewed you/questions? I’m super nervous about it! 

Oh no, sorry I never saw this tee_lemon!! I hope it went okay!!! Did you interview in person?? how did it go??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 4:19 PM, ns5607 said:

You got in off the waitlist, correct?  How did they notify you that you were waitlisted and when did you find out?  I interviewed for RISD painting just over a week ago, and haven't received an acceptance call, so I think there's a strong possibility I'm rejected or waitlisted at this point. 

yea i did. one of the faculty members that i was in consistent contact with throughout the process notified me of being on the waitlist, but said he only contacted the people in the top spots on the list, so given that i don't think any of my other classmates were waitlisted, i think i might have been #1. no way of knowing, but seems right.

i think i found out i was on the waitlist the same week as those who were accepted outright. there's a decent chance that you can get in if you were waitlisted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Brittany0Kay said:

Does anyone have any insight on being waitlisted (specifically at RISD, but also in general)? I'm wondering if there's anything I should do in the meantime to increase my chances of being admitted. 

I'm also curious (and some of these may be entirely unanswerable):

-If a spot opens up, is there still a chance for any funding?

-How many people do they tend to waitlist in a department like Printmaking?

-Is there a priority ranking I could potentially inquire about?

I'm not prepared to direct these questions to RISD, at this time, as I want to tread carefully! So any info/experience/speculation is helpful!

i would just keep in contact with whoever lets you know you're on the waitlist. i checked in periodically.

- yes i still received funding

- im not entirely sure about the number of people

- there is a ranking for painting, but i wasn't directly told where i was on that list, only that i was somewhere in the top spots

i might have been persistent about checking in repeatedly, but it didn't seem to annoy anyone. but really all you can do is wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, prodmod said:

Anything back on this?

She just got back to me today- 

"Hi Christine, 

Thanks for following up about the status of your application. The admissions committee is still in the process of making its decisions and hopes to get back to applicants by the end of March. I hope this helps!

best
Julie "
 
So at least we should know soon? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long after an interview would you generally expect to hear something back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Herry said:

Still haven't heard from RISD sculpture and Hunter studio art. 

Has anyone got an acceptance from these schools? 

I had an interview a few weeks ago with RISD sculpture. I received an email this evening requesting a phone call tomorrow morning. Honestly, I'm not sure what this means. A follow-up interview maybe? Trying not to get my hopes up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lemon2Lemonade said:

Congrats on being accepted to RCA and Boston U! Knew you would do great interviewing!  

Thank you xDD! And Pratt as well actually lol, so far only Parsons haven’t respond to me.

How’s everything going for you? I’ve seen you’ve received two rejections so far, sorry to hear that :(, I think it is their lost to not accept such a supportive and cheering student..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally, Just got an email from Parsons and did not get in :P

oh well

Still waiting on RISD and MICA

 

( got accepted to OTIS)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Little Lulu said:

Literally, Just got an email from Parsons and did not get in :P

oh well

Still waiting on RISD and MICA

 

( got accepted to OTIS)

Interviewed with parsons last month; trying to refresh the admissions hub right now and it’s not working.... haven’t gotten email yet either so fingers crossed !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ackey said:

How long after an interview would you generally expect to hear something back? 

Interviewed for 3 and heard back from one 3/4 weeks later and from the others roughly 2 weeks later. I think they were exceptionally quick though and it's dependant on when faculty can meet up, how many finalists they had etc. 

All the best with hearing back :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, artsixteen said:

Just heard back from Slade and got accepted! 

Excellent studios, top-notch tutors, world-renowned as the UK's top art school, congratulations! If you're sure to accept their offer, please consider rejecting/withdrawing from other programs. Your generosity could help somebody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SerpentSkort said:

Interviewed with parsons last month; trying to refresh the admissions hub right now and it’s not working.... haven’t gotten email yet either so fingers crossed !!!

I had a hard time checking as well. So I did apply now in the parson's website and it linked me to create or sign in. I went through that and it let me into the admission hub.

But I got an email before checking so maybe you get it later some day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DitDot said:

Thank you xDD! And Pratt as well actually lol, so far only Parsons haven’t respond to me.

How’s everything going for you? I’ve seen you’ve received two rejections so far, sorry to hear that :(, I think it is their lost to not accept such a supportive and cheering student..

Two acceptances (one on another field), and waiting to hear results from two more programs. Happy about choices, and debating possibilities. Hard to decide!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still haven’t heard from parson’s fine arts mfa or Tyler’s sculpture department... think I’m officially starting to lose it 😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got a rejection from Tulane, but it wasn’t really a good fit so I’m not surprised. It was the only general mfa, nondesign specific program I applied to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like some advice about school my options!

please help me!!

Goldsmiths MFA Arts   vs   MICA MFA Painting   vs   Cranbrook MFA Painting

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Aatt said:

Just got a rejection from Tulane, but it wasn’t really a good fit so I’m not surprised. It was the only general mfa, nondesign specific program I applied to. 

Sorry to hear. How did they alert you? I’m still waiting for an answer either way! It’s the last school I’m waiting on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.