Fall 2019 Psychology - Where are you going?!

dancedementia

On 3/6/2019 at 3:51 PM, Gradphd123 said:

Good Afternoon,

I was recently waitlisted post interview at my top choice.

I have confirmed I would like to stay on the waitlist. I would like to stay relevant in my POIs mind.

What would anyone suggest emailing for a status update?

i don't think you can gain much by following up for an update. they will reach out to you if they have updates. I heard that a good rule of thumb is to reach out if you have another offer, that you are thinking of accepting, or something of the likes (like new information of something important that has changed).

56 minutes ago, yeahsouh said:

Officially accepted the offer from UMiami (CWB). Would love to connect with anyone else planning to begin there in the Fall.

Hi! CONGRATS!! When did you hear back from them? I have a friend who interviewed for the program but hasn't heard back yet.

Edited by ASDadvocate

7 minutes ago, ASDadvocate said:

Hi! CONGRATS!! When did you hear back from them? I have a friend who interviewed for the program but hasn't heard back yet.

Hey thank you!!! I heard back from the last week after interviewing in January. I know interviews have been rolling and I have no idea if they're moving individually or in waves or what. I hadn't seen a peep anwhere prior to my decision.  The notification came from the program, not from the POI, but not sure what that means for other applicants.

Edited by yeahsouh

2 hours ago, yeahsouh said:

Hey thank you!!! I heard back from the last week after interviewing in January. I know interviews have been rolling and I have no idea if they're moving individually or in waves or what. I hadn't seen a peep anwhere prior to my decision.  The notification came from the program, not from the POI, but not sure what that means for other applicants.

Great! Thank you so much for the insight! Would you mind telling me who your POI is?