2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

Peeps in case you are wondering about UCR interview dates to line up your schedules. I haven't received an invite, I just asked the program so that I can choose dates wisely. 

Interviews will happen Jan 25-26 and Feb 8-9.

Edited by 4sdch

27 minutes ago, 4sdch said:

Peeps in case you are wondering about UCR interview dates to line up your schedules. I haven't received an invite, I just asked the program so that I can choose dates wisely. 

Interviews will happen Jan 25-26 and Feb 8-9.

Did they say if they have sent any interviews out yet?

44 minutes ago, 4sdch said:

Just received the email invitation from them!!!!

RIP, no invite from UCSD. Congratulations to everyone who received invites today though.

A past cognitive science professor of mine told me UCSD has a bias against interviewing/admitting their own undergrads. I should have listened lol.

2 hours ago, Neuromantic said:

Yay! Also: my PI said that Sinai interviews are in Feb... So I guess that means that we won't hear back till... Jan? Eh?

I wanna think this is good news for intl applicants, because they are exhaustively reading the applications and not only looking for Ivy graduates or something like that

3 hours ago, neuro_boy said:

Did anyone here apply to / hear back from the Graduate Program in Psychological & Brain Sciences at Dartmouth? Their website said that interview invites generally go out mid-December, but I haven't noticed anything on the results page ?

My boyfriend applied to Dartmouth PBS and his POI said (last week) that he would recommend my boyfriend to the admission committee, and the recruitment weekend is at the end of Jan. That means they haven't sent out the interview invitations. 

8 hours ago, UnmotivatedNeuroApplicant said:

My boyfriend applied to Dartmouth PBS and his POI said (last week) that he would recommend my boyfriend to the admission committee, and the recruitment weekend is at the end of Jan. That means they haven't sent out the interview invitations. 

Sweet, thank you for the update!

20 minutes ago, NeuroKween said:

I hope not? I don’t see much of it in the results page, so I’m really not sure of what’s going on. 

Maybe they're not done sending all the emails? Yeah I saw only 3 people (including me) posted interview invite results. Since the interviews are at the end of February they will probably send out more invitations early next month maybe?