2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

32 minutes ago, psych0413 said:

Hi everyone, 

Who all has heard from UCalgary? Anyone heard from POI with initials DH? 

Also has anyone heard from Lakehead? Anyone know when they typically start interviewing? 

Hey there! Lakehead doesn’t do interviews I am pretty sure

6 minutes ago, psyclinic said:

Anyone invited to the interview of UofCalgary.. DM please.

I think there are a lot of us waiting to see (either in our inbox or on the results) invites for the open house go out. I've seen several posters talking about preliminary interviews so far though. 

50 minutes ago, Psychologystudent2021 said:

Hey there! Lakehead doesn’t do interviews I am pretty sure

I have heard conflicting statements on whether or not they interview. It seems odd they wouldn’t. But thanks for the response! Much appreciated! 

Just now, psych0413 said:

I have heard conflicting statements on whether or not they interview. It seems odd they wouldn’t. But thanks for the response! Much appreciated! 

Yeah it can be hard to know. When I got confirmation that my application was submitted, the email indicated there was no formal interview for their clinical program, but professors may contact you!

31 minutes ago, Psychologystudent2021 said:

Yeah it can be hard to know. When I got confirmation that my application was submitted, the email indicated there was no formal interview for their clinical program, but professors may contact you!

Hmm guess I missed that email lol. Thanks for the info! Guess I’ll just have to wait!

I haven't seen any posts about UCalgary School psych program - but I've been told those letters aren't going out for another few weeks. I do not believe they will have an open house or formal interview process, just informal interviews at the PI's discretion. 

Edited by CateFace
typo

7 minutes ago, CateFace said:

That is good to know - do you know if the invites have been sent out for this yet? 

Met my my POI there today. She said she needed to send them out by the latest tomorrow, but I’m not sure if that was a personal deadline, or one set by the department! 

29 minutes ago, LMoll said:

Met my my POI there today. She said she needed to send them out by the latest tomorrow, but I’m not sure if that was a personal deadline, or one set by the department! 

Hi! I'm curious if you mean "send out invites for prelims" or send out official invites to the interview day?

Just now, LMoll said:

Sending out invites for interview day! (Which is one feb 5th)

Oh wow, good to know! I was under the impression that the grad coordinator sends out the official invite for interview day. 

Do you know if this prof has conducted prelims? Also, just generally do you know if all profs conduct prelims before sending out official invites?

Just now, UroboroS said:

Oh wow, good to know! I was under the impression that the grad coordinator sends out the official invite for interview day. 

Do you know if this prof has conducted prelims? Also, just generally do you know if all profs conduct prelims before sending out official invites?

This prof conducted prelims this week, and is deciding who she will recommend for interview day. She is emailing her applicants to let them know if they are proceeding, but I am sure an official email will be sent from the department as well. 

Just now, LMoll said:

This prof conducted prelims this week, and is deciding who she will recommend for interview day. She is emailing her applicants to let them know if they are proceeding, but I am sure an official email will be sent from the department as well. 

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks! :) 

57 minutes ago, Psych1748 said:

Hi Everyone, I'm the one who posted the York rejection on the results page. There was a mass email and it was also posted in the portal.

This may be a silly question but I’m not familiar with York’s process. Does this mean anyone who hasn’t received the mass rejection email is short-listed? Or will there be more mass emails coming through over the next few days? 

6 minutes ago, UroboroS said:

I used to work for a clinical prof at UCalgary and they didn't do prelims at the time, for what it's worth!

1 hour ago, Psych1748 said:

Hi Everyone, I'm the one who posted the York rejection on the results page. There was a mass email and it was also posted in the portal.

Thanks for updating us on the news regarding York and so sorry to hear it's a No this cycle. This process can be quite taxing and energy depleting, especially this cycle with the influx of applications. Hope you are taking time to look after yourself during this super intense process. Sending you lots of positive vibes ❤️ 

Hi Everyone, I've been following everyones progress and stumbled upon the person saying got rejected from York both on portal and getting mass email. My portal shows Reviewed - Unsuccessful (basically rejected) since Monday Jan 18th, and I haven't got any email for rejection. Is there a chance to be on waitlist? Would they consider you for another branch of Psychology, since they ask in the beginning when you fill the application? I just don't know how Yorks system works and this is my first year applying, as I'm still undergraduate student. 

The reason I'm asking is because I got rejection from Ryerson both in portal and email stating I couldn't make it. 

10 minutes ago, Tinzzy said:

Hi Everyone, I've been following everyones progress and stumbled upon the person saying got rejected from York both on portal and getting mass email. My portal shows Reviewed - Unsuccessful (basically rejected) since Monday Jan 18th, and I haven't got any email for rejection. Is there a chance to be on waitlist? Would they consider you for another branch of Psychology, since they ask in the beginning when you fill the application? I just don't know how Yorks system works and this is my first year applying, as I'm still undergraduate student. 

The reason I'm asking is because I got rejection from Ryerson both in portal and email stating I couldn't make it. 

Hey! 

I'm very sorry to hear about the two rejections sent from those universities. You mentioned it was your first time applying but I do hope you don't feel discouraged. Many times this process takes a few tries :) 

Also, as for York - unfortunately I've noticed through my own years of applications that they are quite blunt with the portal and their decisions if an application is deemed unsuccessful. Waitlist is typically for those who have interviewed but were not the top selection by the POI. For them to consider you for another branch of psychology I do believe that consideration would have been made upon reviewing your application.

I apologize if this isn't the most cheerful response but if this is something you really want to be in I advise continuing at it and toughing out any rejections you may possibly receive. It will all be worth it in the end!!