2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

13 hours ago, Ellisse said:

I'm in the same boat tbh. I sent them an email today asking when I should expect a decision. Let see what they'll say.

Hey guys, OISE got back to me. Hopefully, that clears up some confusion.

Thank you for your interest in graduate studies at OISE. 

Notification of results are provided to applicants via the online admissions application. We start uploading letters in early March and continue into March, April, and sometimes later months. If you submit a complete application by November 16, you should receive a decision sometime in March. If you submit an application after November 16, decisions are available within three to six weeks of application submission, but no sooner than early March. 

Hi everyone! I also received some good (and VERY surprising) news that I have been accepted off the waitlist for McMaster's RCT program. 

School: McMaster University

Type: PhD (technically starts with MA) Psychology

Acceptance/Waitlist/Rejection: Informal acceptance 

Date Notified: Mar 8

DM for POI: Of course :)

Hi! I see quite a lot of people who applied and were interviewed by OISE. can people message me if they interviewed with AG? Thank youuuuu! 

I know she interviewed two other people in February and I haven’t heard since. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience interviewing with her...

School: Queen's University

Type: Clinical Psychology (MA)

Acceptance/Waitlist/Rejection: Acceptance 

Date NotifiedMar 8

so excited and beyond grateful to have received my second offer! please feel free to message me for any information. i feel so lucky to even have one acceptance let alone multiple, so if anyone is in a similar boat or wants to talk about decision-making my dms are always open and i'd love to talk it through with you!

Hi! Question regarding CGS-M, for those who have applied. If we get the funding for a specific school is there any use reaching out to PIs to let them know, even if we didn't interview at that school? I applied to 9 schools and I've only heard back from 6. Interestingly, the 3 schools I haven't heard from are the 3 schools I put down for CGS-M. I'm sure it's simply a coincidence, but any guidance would be much appreciated! 

5 hours ago, clinicalpsychhopeful5 said:

Hi! Question regarding CGS-M, for those who have applied. If we get the funding for a specific school is there any use reaching out to PIs to let them know, even if we didn't interview at that school? I applied to 9 schools and I've only heard back from 6. Interestingly, the 3 schools I haven't heard from are the 3 schools I put down for CGS-M. I'm sure it's simply a coincidence, but any guidance would be much appreciated! 

I would definitely contact the school if you do get the funding. I was told by various schools that you should contact them should you receive funding as they may be able to find a fit for you in that case. I don't see any harm in trying! Good luck! 

Hello all! To anyone currently attending the University of Ottawa or will be in the 2021 Class for any branch of Psychology/Clinical Psychology, I have made a facebook group if you interested in connecting with others more easily. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/790373851578737

19 minutes ago, janelove said:

Just got accepted into McMaster's RCT program! VERY SHOCKED! (Didn't even get an interview). If there is anyone else you got in and wants to chat, please message me!

Congrats! Can I ask if you were notified that you were on the waitlist or not? I haven't heard anything from McMaster or my POI since October or November and my application still says pending. Thanks! :)

14 minutes ago, rh_psych said:

Congrats! Can I ask if you were notified that you were on the waitlist or not? I haven't heard anything from McMaster or my POI since October or November and my application still says pending. Thanks! :)

PMd you!

22 hours ago, Sabr_Shukr said:

I would definitely contact the school if you do get the funding. I was told by various schools that you should contact them should you receive funding as they may be able to find a fit for you in that case. I don't see any harm in trying! Good luck! 

One of my profs' honors students got an NSERC to a school and didn't get in. My prof was furious so he called up the school asking what the problem was, and they admitted that they didn't account for the NSERC and they gave the student admission. Granted this was for experimental psych, not clinical, but still, these things can happen!

Does anyone know if certain programs qualify you to work as a Psychological Associate upon completing master’s in school/child psych? 

I know masters are not recognized by the CPA/College besides SCCP at OISE which explicitly states it qualifies on their website but I’m wondering if there are others masters people know of (such as Western or UBC’s SACP) which allow working as a Psychological Associate?

On 1/26/2021 at 2:38 PM, MAMED said:

^ This is exactly how I feel ... I just want to encourage you, you are not alone and this year has been the hardest/ most competitive for everyone. Hopefully, we still get interviews. I have not heard from any school. Although, I applied to York, OISE, and Guelph only. 

You didn't apply to McMaster?