2021 Clinical Psychology Applicants CANADA

7 hours ago, iamstressed said:

For those accepted to out of town/province schools what are y'all doing about the fall in terms of moving? Are courses going to be online? 

I'm planning on moving mid-summer since courses are anticipated to be in person!

1 hour ago, ish123 said:

has anyone heard back from OISE for clinical and counselling psychology yet? 

A couple of people have received offers already based on the results page and someone posted on here. But not sure if that just happened to be eager POIs or if all 5 offers have gone out already. 

Edited by T.O.hopeful
Correction, there could totally be more than 5 spots, I just said 5 because only 5 POIs were taking students this year. But a PI could be taking more than 1 student! :)

Like many of you, I’m waiting to hear back from OISE and my interview with my POI was on Feb 3rd. I haven’t heard from them since then. Do you think it’s appropriate to follow up with them regarding my application? I remember them saying I could speak to grad students and join a lab meeting as the next step but that never happened ... is this a bad sign or can connecting with their lab happen after acceptance? 

1 hour ago, xtrahotlatte said:

Like many of you, I’m waiting to hear back from OISE and my interview with my POI was on Feb 3rd. I haven’t heard from them since then. Do you think it’s appropriate to follow up with them regarding my application? I remember them saying I could speak to grad students and join a lab meeting as the next step but that never happened ... is this a bad sign or can connecting with their lab happen after acceptance? 

It's still a smidge early to hear official acceptance from OISE CPP (especially this year) but sometimes a POI will slip an email unofficially with good news. I met with the current students/lab after acceptances, so I would not take that as a bad sign :) 

56 minutes ago, +ve regard said:

It's still a smidge early to hear official acceptance from OISE CPP (especially this year) but sometimes a POI will slip an email unofficially with good news. I met with the current students/lab after acceptances, so I would not take that as a bad sign :) 

do you know if the program requires an interview for admission? I've read conflicting answers on here so I'm not sure if I should assume rejection if I did not get an interview

13 minutes ago, E_L_ said:

do you know if the program requires an interview for admission? I've read conflicting answers on here so I'm not sure if I should assume rejection if I did not get an interview

I think you can get accepted without one! I might be wrong though. The program I interviewed for was DPE though, not CCP :) 

38 minutes ago, E_L_ said:

For CCP at least, I haven't heard of anyone being admitted without a meeting, phone call or some kind of significant contact with a POI before an offer. I suppose it's possible though!

Congrats to whomever posted their acceptance to UAlberta's SCCP program today! If you're planning to attend and you have questions, feel free to reach out! I'll be entering the second year of the program in Fall 2021.

Hey all! I got into the Clinical Psychology PhD (6 year) program at the University of Ottawa for this Fall 2021. I was wondering if anyone else was in this program as well :)

I was offered an interview mid February and heard back within 10 days. The process was quite insightful to the program overall, and the students/faculty were very welcoming! 

Edited by macognition

I was accepted for an MSc program that expects you to complete the PhD in their location. However, it’s across the country, and as much as I love psychology this is a big commitment to being so far from my family/partner for so long (especially because my province only requires an MSc). Has anyone had success applying for a PhD in another province after completing an MSc elsewhere?

31 minutes ago, ScholarSack said:

I was accepted for an MSc program that expects you to complete the PhD in their location. However, it’s across the country, and as much as I love psychology this is a big commitment to being so far from my family/partner for so long (especially because my province only requires an MSc). Has anyone had success applying for a PhD in another province after completing an MSc elsewhere?

I cannot answer your query per say, but can relate to this predicament! DM me if you wanna chat re: moving away from home :)

Hi all, my DMs are also open if anyone else on here wants to chat moving away from home (family, dog and partner especially) for grad school. I'm really struggling with this and imagine others are too ❤️ Would love to chat if you are in a similar predicament or have advice from previously making this huge adjustment!