2 hours ago, checkingmyemail said:

My day's $h!t already, not knowing about Houston! LMAO. Just reject me already and let me KNOW! Want this week to be OVER WITH wahhhhhh erjt34hitota

Looks like you have 6 other interviews, which is AMAZING!!!! Focus on the positive things you have coming in the next few weeks and don't let the process bring you down. :) 

16 minutes ago, mwood126 said:

Looks like you have 6 other interviews, which is AMAZING!!!! Focus on the positive things you have coming in the next few weeks and don't let the process bring you down. :) 

<333333333 The process continues to kicks my a$$ but I'm trying to not cry at every given hour. LOL

Has anyone applied to the University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) Clinical Psychology program? The one in the Clinical Psychology Field, not the one through OISE. Just curious if anyone has been invited for an interview.

I'm guessing most are way too young to get this reference, but when I was growing up there was this commercial and it has been running through my head all day.  It's barely light out and this soccer mom type woman is standing in front of a clothing department store.  She has her face pressed up against the glass and is saying "Open, open, open, open, open."  It played every couple months for the Mervyn's quarterly seasonal closeout sale.  So anyway here I am clicking refresh on my email muttering "open, open, open" under my breath. 

Dear psych departments, just let me in.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:28 PM, s_bellow said:

Has anyone applied to the University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) Clinical Psychology program? The one in the Clinical Psychology Field, not the one through OISE. Just curious if anyone has been invited for an interview.

Check out this thread :) 

On 1/9/2019 at 2:55 PM, PsychM said:

There is a chance you will just never hear anything (I have experienced this before) but many programs will send some sort of rejection via email or mail at some point after they have interviewed applicants, extended offers, and finalized their incoming class. So, that could mean rejections are likely to not be sent until after the April 15th decision date, or the Monday after the 15th if the 15th falls on a weekend. A clinical psych interviewee offered admission at any point usually has through April 15th to accept or reject the offer, this date is set by APA and CUDCP. An applicant who did not interview may also eventually just get an email that says "check your status in the application system," this will usually mean rejection. I applied to a program before and heard absolutely nothing from them, I was not invited to interview, and then out of the blue in June, I received a rejection in the mail. Keep in mind, many programs do not send any type of rejection until after their on campus interview day(s). This is because people could decline the interview invitation and the school may need to dip back into the applicant pool to send additional invites - especially if they didn't craft an alternate list while reviewing applicants and creating an interview invitation list.

Applicants that do interview tend to get their status within a few weeks of the interview (alternate, rejected etc.).

It is fairly typical for clinical psych PhD program interview invitations to go out through late January/early February as some programs will not interview until March (i.e., Washington State University's interview date is March 1 this year) so don't lose faith yet, there is still quite a bit of time! In the past, the latest I have received an invitation to interview is the first full week of February and I have a few friends currently in programs that have said the same. I would say if you don't hear anything by February 8th this year, that means you are no longer being considered for the program. If it is a program that interviews late in March then they may send invites out mid to late February but I don't think it is common for clinical psych PhD programs to hold interviews beyond the 1st or 2nd weekend of March.

I know this is a really long post but I hope it was helpful for you @AlexandraF?

Thanks yes! Super helpful wow. 

1 hour ago, Waiting272 said:

Did anyone else on here apply to University of Rhode Island? I tried to check the status of my application through the GradCAS but was not able to. 

Saw on the results page that all invites have been extended, but was trying to hold onto hope. 

All invites were indeed extended (per my colleague, who didn’t receive an invite/verified via e-mail on the status)

25 minutes ago, ilobebrains said:

Has anyone heard back from UT Austin? 

Called. Was told interview dates are not finalized yet, but that they would approximately be around Feb 15. But also that interview dates may be for individual POIs rather than a department-wide day like most other programs. 

I'm taking from this that there's still hope to be invited for an interview, since Feb 15 is a month away.

7 hours ago, ihatedis said:

Has anybody heard back from Columbia or Fordham yet? I saw a couple invites for UPenn and Duke- does anyone know if they're finito?

CU notifications should go out by Feb, based on their website. But was told by dpt coordinator that POIs are reviewing apps as of a few days ago. 

Also haven't heard anything from Duke, am very interested in who's already extended invites.

Edited by 21ny14

On 1/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, EileanDonan said:

Has anybody heard anything from Fordham?

I know you posted it a few days ago but I got a mass email today at 5:30pm from the director of the Clinical Psych PhD program inviting me to interview on one of two days - January 25th or February 1st.

15 hours ago, 21ny14 said:

Called. Was told interview dates are not finalized yet, but that they would approximately be around Feb 15. But also that interview dates may be for individual POIs rather than a department-wide day like most other programs. 

I'm taking from this that there's still hope to be invited for an interview, since Feb 15 is a month away.

CU notifications should go out by Feb, based on their website. But was told by dpt coordinator that POIs are reviewing apps as of a few days ago. 

Also haven't heard anything from Duke, am very interested in who's already extended invites.

12 hours ago, PsychM said:

I know you posted it a few days ago but I got a mass email today at 5:30pm from the director of the Clinical Psych PhD program inviting me to interview on one of two days - January 25th or February 1st.

Thanks guys! Super bummed about Fordham, but hoping CU will pull through. Best of luck y'all!

15 hours ago, 21ny14 said:

Thanks for the info on this! Was starting to get nervous that no one had heard anything from them!