Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

Hi there! Been lurking here for a week. Such a relief to finally see some movement today!! H surname...no update to share... just wanted to say that this forum has had such a warm, helpful, empathic, social-worky vibe. If I had any doubts that I'd find my people in this field, I have them no longer! :) Seems like the waiting game is almost over for many of us. Hope we're all able to find some peace soon, regardless of what the outcome is! 

Oh My GOD finally caught up on reading the messages here and im soooo nervous you guys. Last initial J here haha. This is literally the moment we've been waiting for and talking about for some time now.  I feel like i'm going to throw up the way my throat has been in a knot today haha.  Everyone has been incredibly uplifting and nurturing throughout the process and i'm so honored to connect with people in this way - especially in the unprecedented times we are in.

Just now, Ihatethissomuch said:

Previously acorn/SGS has been updated in the evening so they may not be finished for the day.

I hope this is the case. It would be so cruel if they kind of just stopped even though the admission team has a life outside of this kind of work.

17 minutes ago, MelaninandJustice said:

Oh My GOD finally caught up on reading the messages here and im soooo nervous you guys. Last initial J here haha. This is literally the moment we've been waiting for and talking about for some time now.  I feel like i'm going to throw up the way my throat has been in a knot today haha.  Everyone has been incredibly uplifting and nurturing throughout the process and i'm so honored to connect with people in this way - especially in the unprecedented times we are in.

ahaha samee just caught up on the messages & my last initial is J..

2 minutes ago, MelaninandJustice said:

OH MY GOD I JUST GOT IN TO U OF T!  Last letter J 

Ahhh congrats!!!! I'm starting to think it may be automated to roll out offers every hour based on clumping last names. Possibly so the system doesn't crash? I don't know but CONGRATS everyone so far! Waiting for the O's!

Edited by YouBetterSocialWerk

1 minute ago, edz77 said:

Congrats to those who've been accepted to uoft!! How were you notified? SGS, ACORN or email??

I am curious about if the people that got in always got notified through these 3 at the same time also.

4 minutes ago, edz77 said:

Congrats to those who've been accepted to uoft!! How were you notified? SGS, ACORN or email??

I was notified on ACORN only. It's weird because I thought it would be for both ACORN and SGS. I also didn't get an email yet.

3 minutes ago, MelaninandJustice said:

I was notified on ACORN only. It's weird because I thought it would be for both ACORN and SGS. I also didn't get an email yet.

If you don't mind me asking, what did the notification look like on Acorn? Under "Degree Registration Status" did it change to "Invited" ? 

This might sound stupid, but to test my theory, could whoever applied to U of T like this comment?

I know that there are probably some people who applied to U of T that aren't on here but this might just give us a ballpark? 

Does anyone in this group have a last name initial of G, H or I? Mine is G and I am getting nervous that they've skipped over me since it went from someone hearing with F to someone hearing with J

Just now, Empathymatters said:

This might sound stupid, but to test my theory, could whoever applied to U of T like this comment?

I know that there are probably some people who applied to U of T that aren't on here but this might just give us a ballpark? 

GradCafe won't let me like anymore comments today, apparently I've reached the reaction limit lol. But I've applied to UofT :) 

Just now, amesyall said:

GradCafe won't let me like anymore comments today, apparently I've reached the reaction limit lol. But I've applied to UofT :) 

Thanks for letting me know! I didn't know there was a limit to liking comments lol