Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

1 minute ago, MSWamy said:

So it may depend on the school, but I know York for example allow graduated students to apply to be "Non-degree status" and take courses to go on their transcripts etc.

Yeah I also know someone who is taking courses at York after graduating their undergraduate, as they want to get into medical school.

Just now, Empathymatters said:

I feel that too :( I thought that I would hear back by now since my last name starts with a C. I hope this doesn't mean that I am rejected or waitlisted.?

Maybe they've gone out of order?! My fingers are crossed for you! 

27 minutes ago, ChipDip said:

Just a question, does anyone know how to go about improving your grades after you’ve already graduated? I want to have a few back up plans if I don’t get into my msw this year. Any info is helpful!

I did this to improve my overall GPA. I did my undergraduate degree at Western and the only way I was able to take courses and for it to count towards the GPA of my undergrad degree was to do it at Western (I tried to transfer to U of T since I live in Toronto and they said you can't do that). I was able to register as a "Special Student" and take courses. I took three half-year courses and although I got very high marks, it only slightly improved my GPA. I don't mean to sound discouraging if you are looking to improve your overall GPA, rather than just in specific courses - this is just my experience. The universities that I was applying to at the time recommended that I do another degree if I wanted to significantly improve my GPA, which I did not end up doing. 

2 minutes ago, sammyk said:

I did this to improve my overall GPA. I did my undergraduate degree at Western and the only way I was able to take courses and for it to count towards the GPA of my undergrad degree was to do it at Western (I tried to transfer to U of T since I live in Toronto and they said you can't do that). I was able to register as a "Special Student" and take courses. I took three half-year courses and although I got very high marks, it only slightly improved my GPA. I don't mean to sound discouraging if you are looking to improve your overall GPA, rather than just in specific courses - this is just my experience. The universities that I was applying to at the time recommended that I do another degree if I wanted to significantly improve my GPA, which I did not end up doing. 

Thank you! I am just finishing a certificate in mental health and addictions but it’s at George brown so I don’t know how helpful that will be. Thank you for the info!

Just now, skittleb0t said:

Last name P here, and let me tell ya, I have been staring at SGS/Acorn/ my email all day like.

Hope everyone is doing well, and remember to be super kind to your mind :3 This has been a great community to venture this process with. 

3b4.png

Last name O here.....Don't think we'll hear back today haha 

4 minutes ago, skittleb0t said:

Last name P here, and let me tell ya, I have been staring at SGS/Acorn/ my email all day like.

Hope everyone is doing well, and remember to be super kind to your mind :3 This has been a great community to venture this process with. 

3b4.png

I didn't even apply to UofT and y'all got me worrying 

5 minutes ago, skittleb0t said:

3b4.png

Where my last name N's at? ??? #laterhalfofthealphabetRISEUP