Fall 2020 Psychology Acceptances

justacigar

School: Sam Houston State University

Type of Program: Clinical Psychology, PhD

Acceptance Date: 2/11/2020

POI: JA

I was waiting to post until I heard back from the rest of my programs, but I have officially accepted the position. Super excited, if anyone else will be attending Sam next year and wants to connect before the fall feel free to DM me!

Edited by hermm

School: UT-Austin

Type of Program: Social-Personality Psych PhD

Acceptance Date: 2/20/2020

I've been getting a flurry of sweet, supportive emails from PIs, postdocs, and grad students over the last half hour and I'm so overwhelmed with happiness. I haven't made the official decision quite yet, but wow. This might be the one. ?

15 hours ago, imemine said:

School: UT-Austin

Type of Program: Social-Personality Psych PhD

Acceptance Date: 2/20/2020

I've been getting a flurry of sweet, supportive emails from PIs, postdocs, and grad students over the last half hour and I'm so overwhelmed with happiness. I haven't made the official decision quite yet, but wow. This might be the one. ?

It's really nice to feel like a program really wants you! Good luck in making your decision!

School: University of Florida

Type of Program: Clinical Psychology (Pediatric Psychology track) 

Acceptance Date: 2/20/2020

POI: KD

Still in shock. Does anyone else feel like this is surreal? This is my 3rd round so to get an acceptance now almost feels like it can't really be happening.

Hi everyone! For those who have had to reject an offer, how did you word that email? If I'm lucky enough to get multiple offers, I'm worried about how to reject (especially since the field I'm going to be in is super small and collaboration with POIs is very likely)

10 minutes ago, 192020 said:

Hi everyone! For those who have had to reject an offer, how did you word that email? If I'm lucky enough to get multiple offers, I'm worried about how to reject (especially since the field I'm going to be in is super small and collaboration with POIs is very likely)

This is strange to think about when you don’t have multiple offers but for me it depends. 

if the POI called or emailed me, I focused on a compassionate email.

if the head of the program sent out a cookie cutter email, I was more straight to the point “thank you so much” “ I thought about this very hard” “while this program was one of my top choice, I actually was lucky enough to obtain an offer from my top choice” 

stuff like that. I feel like the phone call is the hardest. If a POI Calls you don’t reject the offer at that moment. Even if you made your decision, take a day or two to triple check your decision is the right one for you. Give the POI respect

19 minutes ago, Itzik said:

This is strange to think about when you don’t have multiple offers but for me it depends. 

if the POI called or emailed me, I focused on a compassionate email.

if the head of the program sent out a cookie cutter email, I was more straight to the point “thank you so much” “ I thought about this very hard” “while this program was one of my top choice, I actually was lucky enough to obtain an offer from my top choice” 

stuff like that. I feel like the phone call is the hardest. If a POI Calls you don’t reject the offer at that moment. Even if you made your decision, take a day or two to triple check your decision is the right one for you. Give the POI respect

I don't think it's strange to think about all possible outcomes. 

All of my offers came through email, so I responded in email. I thanked them for considering me and the offer to join the program. Followed by " I must respectfully decline because I will be
accepting an offer elsewhere." I received very kind and positive responses from the POI and DCT.