MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

16 minutes ago, painter1612 said:

Hi! Yes, they called me with a surprise interview a couple of weeks ago. However, I have not heard from them again. Don't really know where they stand in the application process. 

Has anyone heard from RISD?

AH ? Okay!

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, calmly waiting said:

Congrats and good luck on your interview. Do you know if UIC is conducting interviews for all departments? I applied to photo and this was one of the schools I really liked.

Hey, Thanks! And this was all that was mentioned in the e-mail I received.

"The Design faculty is currently reviewing and finalizing acceptance decisions."

I'm sure there's still time. Good luck! :)

1 hour ago, tee_lemon said:

Has anyone heard anything from Georgia State? 

1 hour ago, painter1612 said:

Hi! Yes, they called me with a surprise interview a couple of weeks ago. However, I have not heard from them again. Don't really know where they stand in the application process. 

Has anyone heard from RISD?

Yikes! GSU was/is my "stay in Atlanta less expensive safety" school. 2 of my recommendations are GSU professors, the other is a well-known and successful local Atlanta artist, GSU being where I went for my undergrad degree...I guess I was presumptuous to assume that was a for sure acceptance school ?

I haven't heard a thing from them. 

Have yet to hear from quite a few schools actually...Tyler (assuming rejection at this point), UConn, Tulane, GSU, MICA.

I can't wait til I know what I'm doing in the fall. I need to move asap, if I'm going to need to move. I need to make plans. Funny how some of these schools ask what your 5 year, 8 year, 10 year plans are...I'm over here like umm, I don't know where I'm going to be living, don't know where I'm going to be working, and don't know what I'm going to be doing in the next 6 months...so...

?

13 minutes ago, jess_is_over_it said:

I can't wait til I know what I'm doing in the fall. I need to move asap, if I'm going to need to move. I need to make plans. Funny how some of these schools ask what your 5 year, 8 year, 10 year plans are...I'm over here like umm, I don't know where I'm going to be living, don't know where I'm going to be working, and don't know what I'm going to be doing in the next 6 months...so...

?

I feel this so hard. I need to know if I'm moving for grad school or staying in my city, because either way my lease is up and I need to look for new apartments ASAP! It sucks having to put life on hold for a while and not being able to make plans for even 6 months in the future

59 minutes ago, jess_is_over_it said:

Yikes! GSU was/is my "stay in Atlanta less expensive safety" school. 2 of my recommendations are GSU professors, the other is a well-known and successful local Atlanta artist, GSU being where I went for my undergrad degree...I guess I was presumptuous to assume that was a for sure acceptance school ?

I haven't heard a thing from them. 

Have yet to hear from quite a few schools actually...Tyler (assuming rejection at this point), UConn, Tulane, GSU, MICA.

?

I honestly would not rely on my current experience with GSU to get an estimate of the outcome of your application process. It was a very prompt phone call and do not know if they called other applicants. You seem like a very qualified applicant for this school, maybe you could inquire about your situation with the admissions office?

Hey everybody! 

I just would like to check some of my statuses and see where people are. I have heard hardly anything from anyone and have not received a final admissions decision from anyone yet. I currently attend the Herron School of Art at Indiana University and will graduate in May.

I applied to

Columbia College Chicago - interviewed 2/19

University of Missouri - interviewed 2/25

University of Kentucky - 

SVA - 

CalArts - 

Louisiana State University - 

University of South Florida - 

Ohio State University -

That's it. I haven't heard anything from anyone else. No acceptances or rejections yet. You all have such fast progress and I'm getting nervous!

Got an e-mail saying I was waitlisted for Cornell. I wasn't home today to receive my DHL delivery from SAIC, so still not sure if I've been rejected or accepted ?Also I still haven't heard anything back from UCLA even though people are getting interviews...

Edited by artsixteen

On 2/19/2019 at 11:37 PM, painting2019 said:

I interviewed two weeks ago and the head of the department emailed me tonight. Yeah, it was for painting. Seems like all the departments are interviewing at different times. Did anyone here get accepted to the painting/printmaking department?

Heck, I interviewed with VCU painting and haven't heard anything yet. I didn't know they'd started sending out results yet.

2 hours ago, scootscoot said:

does anyone have the intel on RISD GD (2 and 3 year) and when interviews are 

2 year could be different, but I received my invitation to interview for GD 3 year on 2/12. Interviews seem to be occurring the weekends of 2/22, 3/2, or 3/8.

Edited by afein

2 hours ago, artsixteen said:

Got an e-mail saying I was waitlisted for Cornell. I wasn't home today to receive my DHL delivery from SAIC, so still not sure if I've been rejected or accepted ?Also I still haven't heard anything back from UCLA even though people are getting interviews...

DHL is probably an acceptance packet if I had to guess. 

2 hours ago, savcal said:

I just would like to check some of my statuses and see where people are. I have heard hardly anything from anyone and have not received a final admissions decision from anyone yet. I currently attend the Herron School of Art at Indiana University and will graduate in May.

I applied to [...]

CalArts - 

23 hours ago, Meaou said:

CalArts Photo and Art&Tech sent interview  invites around Feb 11 (a friend of mine and I got emails within a few days from each other). They want to interview all applicants on campus on March 7, so I imagine they must send all the invites before the end of February to let people make travel arrangements. 

I received my invitation interview for Cal Arts on Feb. 8 for graphic design interviews on March 7, and Meaou said yesterday that they received an invitation no Feb. 11 for photo interviews on March 7. This makes me think the entire school of art does it at the same time, but I dunno.

Edited by afein

3 hours ago, chz&pcake said:

Just got a rejection from VCU sculpture- I'm not shocked but still disappointed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah, me too. Do you have any thoughts on their summer studio program? I hadn't considered it that seriously before but my rejection email came with the encouragement to apply for it / fee waiver, so am vaguely thinking about it.