2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

7 minutes ago, xtrahotlatte said:

This isn’t true for the CD stream at York. I called to ask today and they said that they just started to review applications and we should hear by mid-February. 

This so great to hear. Thank you for sharing !

Edited by Dylia

33 minutes ago, xtrahotlatte said:

This isn’t true for the CD stream at York. I called to ask today and they said that they just started to review applications and we should hear by mid-February. 

Thanks for sharing! I had a prelim interview with a potential PI and she said that I should be hearing in January so this is quite reassuring to hear

6 hours ago, clinpsyc000 said:

Hi everyone! 

I was wondering if anyone can provide any insight on the OGS process for Ryerson? I know it says that students are automatically considered and there's no additional form that needs to be submitted. A PI indicated that OGS does require a research proposal- when is this submitted, then? 

Sorry just a little confused about the process and thought I would ask here before asking the PI. 

Thanks!

I think the research proposal is submitted via CIHR or sshrc

5 hours ago, VanessaB said:

I also applied to that program.  I made initial contact with prospective supervisors around September and October, but I haven't heard anything regarding the application since then.

Yep, that's the same with me! Glad to know we're in the same boat for OISE. 

Looks like they'll probably be getting back to us in late January or February then ?

I'm not convinced York has sent out invites yet, not for general clinical psych anyway. I am basing this off of last year's thread, but people started to get rejections in the application portal near the end of the 3rd week of January. My application still says "no decision yet". 

Or am I just clinging to false hope???? If someone hears from York in any way please PM me or post here! It's pretty much my last hope at this point :(

16 minutes ago, sparrow123 said:

I'm not convinced York has sent out invites yet, not for general clinical psych anyway. I am basing this off of last year's thread, but people started to get rejections in the application portal near the end of the 3rd week of January. My application still says "no decision yet". 

Or am I just clinging to false hope???? If someone hears from York in any way please PM me or post here! It's pretty much my last hope at this point :(

Not that I know anything for sure, but I'm not worried that I haven't heard from York yet. I know there were people last year who didn't hear from POIs about setting about Skype meetings until the end of January... I wouldn't start to worry until like early February. But idk maybe someone on here knows more than I do!

Also for anyone who applied to Ryerson and didn't receive an interview/Visiting Day invite, don't lose hope! I have been informed that "some faculty members are not able to participate in Visiting Day, and are conducting separate interviews. As a result, not all short-listed applicants are being invited to the Visiting Day."

11 minutes ago, ClinPsyc20 said:

Also for anyone who applied to Ryerson and didn't receive an interview/Visiting Day invite, don't lose hope! I have been informed that "some faculty members are not able to participate in Visiting Day, and are conducting separate interviews. As a result, not all short-listed applicants are being invited to the Visiting Day."

Thank you for this information!! Would you happen to have any insight as to which profs are not taking part?

2 minutes ago, Aspiring_Grey_Area said:

Thank you for this information!! Would you happen to have any insight as to which profs are not taking part?

Unfortunately I have no clue :( all I know is that my POI is taking part! If you PM me I can let you know who it is

1 hour ago, sparrow123 said:

I applied to the experimental psychology stream at York, so I don't know if this information directly applies to the Clinical program...but I had an informal interview with my POI the other day and they said that the department (I think? I can't remember exactly what they stated) will meet about this at the end of this week,  and that applicants will likely be invited sometime next week. My memory of the timeline is hazy, but I think you shouldn't lose hope!

6 minutes ago, wishful.thinking said:

I applied to the experimental psychology stream at York, so I don't know if this information directly applies to the Clinical program...but I had an informal interview with my POI the other day and they said that the department (I think? I can't remember exactly what they stated) will meet about this at the end of this week,  and that applicants will likely be invited sometime next week. My memory of the timeline is hazy, but I think you shouldn't lose hope!

Thank you for the info!

On 1/20/2020 at 2:47 PM, 1995psych said:

Ryerson and York short-lists sent out today. 

Sorry, how did you find this out about York in particular? Last year, I didn't hear about interviews until Jan. 31st