2019 Applicants

3 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:

Finally got that UConn rejection.  Just waiting on you now, UO and Berkeley. Gimme your politely-worded yet utter lack of interest!

I haven't even gotten my Uconn one yet today! Ugh. 

58 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

That’s just weird. Is your app status still pending? It was just an email to check the portal this am so I assumed they would have sent it to everyone.

Yeah still pending! I will double check after 5 I suppose 

Yale rejections are out. All I can say, 'FINALLY. THANK YOU.'

I had a feeling it was coming but it's a relief to see the letter and the decision formally in. It's... freeing lol. And I can finally focus on what's next instead of having that compulsive e-mail check.

Good luck to you all that are still waiting :)

(EDIT) Final decision made: I'm going to UCI. I will be declining SUNY Buffalo's waitlist offer, so if any are you waitlisted there, I hope this helps :) 

Edited by Ranmaag

3 hours ago, jr246 said:

any updates from those who haven't heard from UVA?

I am yet to hear from UVA. My department said they will round up admission decision in March. Hopefully we hear from them by then.

11 hours ago, cooldinosaur said:

NYU rejections (and apparently according to the results here waitlists too) are out! 

Still haven't heard! Ugh! I know they accept people into their MA program and I can't remember whether I asked them to or not...NYU...let me go.....

4 hours ago, jr246 said:

any updates from those who haven't heard from UVA?

still nothing here, too, and still going crazy over it! just want to officially be done.

@Ubah1 I hope you hear back from your department soon with great news! fingers crossed. sadly we’re on the English side of things here, and they’ve said all acceptances/waitlists are out - just rolling out bad news at a glacial pace for whatever reason :(

I received a second rejection from Victoria this morning. Seems odd that they have two? I am guessing one is automatic. It also came with this great tautology:

"Your application for admission to the University of Victoria has been carefully considered. We regret to inform you that your application has been refused for the following reason:

The Department of English has reviewed your file and cannot offer you admission."

Enjoy!