10 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:

That kind of stuff makes me so mad, it’s straight up rude and also has undercurrents of racism, ableism, and classism. We should all be better than that. Boo to those people.

Agreed!! I don't get why people do this. We're all doing our best and trying desperately to make it through the cycle. There's no need to be a jerk. 

Edited by Anonymouse124

On 2/25/2019 at 3:53 AM, 3131 said:

thought this may ease some of your minds: I've been admitted to NYU, CUNY, Rutgers, and Columbia thus far, and accepted Columbia's offer a few days ago. I contacted the admissions department from each of the other schools about my decision yesterday and have received responses from all, so for those waitlisted or especially waiting for responses from Rutgers, spots are opening up! And to future members of my cohort: hello!

I’m not sure the first person was in the wrong, actually. A lot of people are not familiar with the forum, as is evident from the results not being represented here. For instance, I didn’t know about this platform for the longest time. And in that scenario, the result board becomes the only hope for information in an otherwise torturous waiting period. 

And the result board is a democratic space after all. No one should police other people in that space at this time. 

I reached out to Brandeis to see what was up with people who hadn't been accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. They said while they've sent out those notifications, people still waiting are on a waitlist, just not ranked high enough to be notified. They said they'll follow up in the next few weeks as decisions are finalized. 

8 minutes ago, CaffeineCardigan said:

I reached out to Brandeis to see what was up with people who hadn't been accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. They said while they've sent out those notifications, people still waiting are on a waitlist, just not ranked high enough to be notified. They said they'll follow up in the next few weeks as decisions are finalized. 

You’re a gem! Thank you. 

Just scoured the boards for a solid 15 minutes looking for that one long list of sample questions to ask--can someone help me out and re-post it here?

EDIT: Nvm, found it! And if anyone else is looking for it, it's here.

Edited by trytostay

26 minutes ago, trytostay said:

Just scoured the boards for a solid 15 minutes looking for that one long list of sample questions to ask--can someone help me out and re-post it here?

One that I've had some fun with is asking POIs what dissertations they've directed stand out as uniquely fun or memorable and why.  I guess it gives them a nice chance to brag about their former students, but I think it also has a lot of potential to show how they like to work and what really interests them. 

On 2/25/2019 at 1:44 PM, awildsheep said:

Does Rutgers typically have a waitlist? (If so, does anyone know when they typically tell applicants?)

Just checked my portal and discovered I've been placed on their waitlist! Confused about my feelings but at least I'm not seeing the purple "No decision" anymore.

1 hour ago, trytostay said:

THANK YOU FOR LINKING! What a hero. Was gonna spend my morning searching for this as well!

27 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

Finally got that UConn rejection.  Just waiting on you now, UO and Berkeley. Gimme your politely-worded yet utter lack of interest!

Oregon is straight up asleep over there or something, it's been weeks!! Just reject us already!!!

1 hour ago, kendalldinniene said:

Finally got that UConn rejection.  Just waiting on you now, UO and Berkeley. Gimme your politely-worded yet utter lack of interest!

54 minutes ago, illcounsel said:

Oregon is straight up asleep over there or something, it's been weeks!! Just reject us already!!!

I have written that they typically reject in the first week of March, so I'm not expecting that sweet sweet rejection until next week, probably. But yes. Just give it to me!  

Gimme your politely-worded yet utter lack of interest!

Part of me has always hoped that universities delay rejections because they receive so many qualified applicants and are hoping that you receive your good news before the bad news. :)

Me too. Bummer, but I was sort of expecting it based on the results board. Maybe next year! 

1 hour ago, simile said:

Just checked my portal and discovered I've been placed on their waitlist! Confused about my feelings but at least I'm not seeing the purple "No decision" anymore.

Also got waitlisted, and same lol. It feels good at least to know what's going on. 

3 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:

I haven't even gotten my Uconn one yet today! Ugh. 

10 minutes ago, cassidyaxx said:

I haven't even gotten my Uconn one yet today! Ugh. 

That’s just weird. Is your app status still pending? It was just an email to check the portal this am so I assumed they would have sent it to everyone.

Received Temple funding news via email if anyone else was waiting on it. Placed on waitlist 😕 fingers crossed that changes. 

58 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

That’s just weird. Is your app status still pending? It was just an email to check the portal this am so I assumed they would have sent it to everyone.

Yeah still pending! I will double check after 5 I suppose 

Yale rejections are out. All I can say, 'FINALLY. THANK YOU.'

I had a feeling it was coming but it's a relief to see the letter and the decision formally in. It's... freeing lol. And I can finally focus on what's next instead of having that compulsive e-mail check.

Good luck to you all that are still waiting :)

(EDIT) Final decision made: I'm going to UCI. I will be declining SUNY Buffalo's waitlist offer, so if any are you waitlisted there, I hope this helps :) 

Edited by Ranmaag