Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

31 minutes ago, whitmanic said:

Anyone else have their transcripts lost by UMass Boston? 

omg me!! I am frustrated by their admin issues. I turned in my application in late November, sent in my transcripts TWICE, and my application status is still incomplete. 

If the OK State poster who posted about a rejection sees this, could you DM me? I don't see a change in the status of my application and am confused. I also didn't receive an interview invite so I'm pretty sure I'm rejected, just wondering where my rejection letter is ?Thanks!

Hi all! Has anybody heard back from GMU? The last two years, I see the invites went out in end December, at the latest, for interview dates of 1/25 and 1/26-ish (same as this year's dates!). The years before, though, the invites seem to have gone out in the first week of Jan -- so they may yet be coming out. Thank you! :)

59 minutes ago, childcenteredwork said:

Hi all! Has anybody heard back from GMU? The last two years, I see the invites went out in end December, at the latest, for interview dates of 1/25 and 1/26-ish (same as this year's dates!). The years before, though, the invites seem to have gone out in the first week of Jan -- so they may yet be coming out. Thank you! :)

The program coordinator was kind enough to email me back! She said the interview dates on the site are from last year's cycle. This year's interview dates are Friday 2/14 (Valentine's Day!) and Saturday 2/15. (Interesting that GMU has a Saturday schedule!) Invites have not gone out but selected candidates would be contacted shortly, is what she wrote! They don't have a specific date on which they plan to send invites as yet. She seems very sweet. 

1 hour ago, Psych133 said:

Has anyone heard from USC (Southern California) for an official invite? Their interview dates are 1/23 - 1/24 so I'm starting to worry.

I am wondering the same but I haven’t seen anyone post yet or on the results page. Last year it looks like they sent interview requests Jan 9th ish. So could be this week! Good luck ? 

9 hours ago, pranali said:

omg me!! I am frustrated by their admin issues. I turned in my application in late November, sent in my transcripts TWICE, and my application status is still incomplete. 

I had that supplemental application lost as well when i submitted it twice after their request. They confirmed if their system is the issue, it has absolutely no negative effect on our application! Still annoying, but seems like it’s happening to a lot of people!! 

5 hours ago, CatastrophizingNerd said:

> Anxious poster

> Has 6 invites

> People like me with 0 invites... ?

You have a point, but I'm still waiting on my top programs and as a low income student I've had to try to wait on all programs before saying I can come because I can only afford a few flights. I never ever thought I would be in a situation with multiple interviews. But I'm holding out hope for you too!

40 minutes ago, Macykid said:

You have a point, but I'm still waiting on my top programs and as a low income student I've had to try to wait on all programs before saying I can come because I can only afford a few flights. I never ever thought I would be in a situation with multiple interviews. But I'm holding out hope for you too!

Hehe :) Best of luck to all of us!

On 1/3/2020 at 5:27 PM, applicant17 said:

So I got the rather unfortunate news today that I need knee surgery....stressing out about when to schedule this, as I still haven't heard from several programs. Hoping the grad cafe can weigh in on whether I should wait until March when interviews are done altogether? Or sneak it in before then, but potentially have to go to at least one (maybe more) on crutches? I don't really care about being uncomfortable, but from a 'presenting your best self' perspective, would it look bad if I showed up to an interview on crutches?

OMG same boat!!! lol I am putting surgery off till after this shebangle...good luck

21 hours ago, Psych133 said:

Has anyone heard from USC (Southern California) for an official invite? Their interview dates are 1/23 - 1/24 so I'm starting to worry.

Hey! Haven’t got any official Invite yet.. I spoke with my poi last week and he told me they faculty are meeting this week to decide who receives an invite.

18 minutes ago, tomatotomahto said:

I applied to 12 programs. 

I haven't heard anything or seen any activity on the results page for 8 of them. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? 

Same for me for seven of mine, but the past results looks like they won't reach out til next week or late January. I think it's fairly normal depending on the program. 

19 minutes ago, florafauna said:

University of Louisville posters.. Could I DM you for the POI?

UMass Boston applicants.. It's been an ongoing saga for me as well. The 'evaluator' said they don't start reviewing applicants til the end of the month. <shrug>

Yes, just heard this too.