Fall 2020 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

21 hours ago, waitingforever said:

Has anyone received rejections from universities yet? I haven't received any interview invites, but having lurked on the results page all month, it looks like all the schools I applied to except Columbia have sent out or already had interviews. Should I just assume I am rejected from all? The following is what I have so far:

McGill- Heard nothing at all since submitting, results page says that a few people got interview invites at different times in January. 

UMASS Boston- Got a rejection from their PhD program on 01/24/2020, but given an option to apply to their master's program. 

NYU- Haven't heard anything. Results page indicates that all interview invites have been sent out already. 

USC- Haven't heard anything, results page looks like interview invites have been sent out. 

UCSB- Haven't heard anything, looks like they finished sending out interview invites at the beginning of January. I'm just wondering why they haven't sent out a rejection email. 

Boston College- Haven't heard anything, results page indicates that interview invites have been sent already. 

Columbia- Haven't heard anything, results page says that they plan to send interview invites at the end of this week and early next week. (But honestly I've probably been rejected here too considering all the other schools are rejecting me). 

If anyone has more information, or any advice about what to do please share! I'm a huge ball of anxiety right now. I will be applying to UMASS Boston's Master's program at this point, and am really hoping that if I am rejected from all PhD programs, maybe some other schools would give me the option to their Master's as well. 

18 hours ago, applicant17 said:

UCSB already had their interview weekend, so that's safe to assume rejection. This is my second cycle, and my experience last time was that unfortunately you either get invited or you never hear anything. :( Some programs also wait until the April 15 deadline to send official rejections, once they've 100% solidified their incoming cohort. My best advice would be to let these go if you haven't heard and it seems like most other people have, it's the worst feeling to keep holding out hope. 

Was your rejection from UMass Boston a mass email?

Thank you both for both posting the question and your honest reply! This is my first cycle and the process is so ambiguous that it helps to have the sage words gathered from everyone's experience. Would you recommend reaching out to the programs, will they tell you if invites have already been sent out (aka you're rejected)?

Just got a late invite from one of my schools, which wrote that at the time they started review, they had not received my GRE score—which I sent on 12/1, the application deadline. I had been tossed into the incomplete pile and only recently spotted.

Granted, I now know that ETS sent it out several days later, but now I'm beginning to wonder if this could have been part of the story for 3 other schools whose applications were due on 12/1, to whom I sent GRE scores on the same day. Is it worth reaching out to investigate this possibility?

8 minutes ago, whitmanic said:

Just got a late invite from one of my schools, which wrote that at the time they started review, they had not received my GRE score—which I sent on 12/1, the application deadline. I had been tossed into the incomplete pile and only recently spotted.

Granted, I now know that ETS sent it out several days later, but now I'm beginning to wonder if this could have been part of the story for 3 other schools whose applications were due on 12/1, to whom I sent GRE scores on the same day. Is it worth reaching out to investigate this possibility?

Send a message to the graduate school asking them what date they received your GRE and when/if they were able to send your application to the department

Anyone else not able to make it to an interview date and be told that they don't offer an alternate date or even Skype interviews? I guess they only want students who make that program a #1 priority (which I do get... I'm not able to go because my first choice school has their interview that day) but I feel like it's only that school's loss, as they're cheating themselves out of a lot of quality applicants who have multiple interviews. Idk, it really rubbed me the wrong way that they basically told me its that day or nothing. Even though it wasn't my first choice, I was still really looking forward to learning more about the program. Oh well I guess. Trying to stay thankful I was in a position to choose my first choice's interview anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Psychintraining said:

Anyone else not able to make it to an interview date and be told that they don't offer an alternate date or even Skype interviews? I guess they only want students who make that program a #1 priority (which I do get... I'm not able to go because my first choice school has their interview that day) but I feel like it's only that school's loss, as they're cheating themselves out of a lot of quality applicants who have multiple interviews. Idk, it really rubbed me the wrong way that they basically told me its that day or nothing. Even though it wasn't my first choice, I was still really looking forward to learning more about the program. Oh well I guess. Trying to stay thankful I was in a position to choose my first choice's interview anyway. 

This happened to me last year with Florida except they said I could complete a Skype interview and then never scheduled one or replied to my emails about setting it up (I emailed 3 times then let it go)... it obviously wasn’t my top choice because I chose to go to a different schools interview weekend (where I’m now a grad student) but definitely left a bad taste in my mouth! 

1 minute ago, hopefulgrad2019 said:

This happened to me last year with Florida except they said I could complete a Skype interview and then never scheduled one or replied to my emails about setting it up (I emailed 3 times then let it go)... it obviously wasn’t my top choice because I chose to go to a different schools interview weekend (where I’m now a grad student) but definitely left a bad taste in my mouth! 

Wow! How unprofessional! Thank goodness it worked out for you anyways.

15 minutes ago, PsychHuman said:

Hi! To the Nova PsyD posters, do you know if this was a mass email or individualized? Thanks and congrats! Feel free to PM me.

Ditto! pls let me know I'm dying over here lol 

7 hours ago, Psychintraining said:

That's a real shame.  I have noticed through this process that it is very limiting to people with limited resources or other commitments.  I work full-time in a position with a lot of dates at work that I cannot miss, for instance.  For people with demanding jobs, families, or financial struggles, the process seems very limiting (to the extent that it almost seems like intentional gatekeeping).  I've been fortunate that nothing has had to stop me from attending an interview yet, I've had a fair amount of good luck around dates. 

Has anyone heard of interview dates for Pepperdine outside of Feb 1st? I have seen both interview updates as well as rejections but I have received neither and I am stuck in this limbo. Is this a good sign? I am also stuck in this limbo for PGSP-Stanford PsyD Consortium and just do not know what to think of it. 

Just wanted to ask again if anyone has heard from their POI at the University if Missouri- Kansas City!!

Editing to add interview invites too!

Edited by yeeboi

LIU post sent an email out saying not all their interview spots have been filled. Anyone know if this is the case for Pace as well? I only seen about 3 get interviews a few weeks ago and have heard nothing since. 

Any time I try calling it goes to admissions and they give me a very generic answer. I seen many negative post from last year regarding the same issue with pace so I am a little nervous!

5 minutes ago, JMV1598 said:

LIU post sent an email out saying not all their interview spots have been filled. Anyone know if this is the case for Pace as well? I only seen about 3 get interviews a few weeks ago and have heard nothing since. 

Any time I try calling it goes to admissions and they give me a very generic answer. I seen many negative post from last year regarding the same issue with pace so I am a little nervous!

Which program did you apply to for Pace? I’m also curious about the PhD with Health Care Emphasis program. I’ve also heard nothing and am also nervous . Good luck 

On 1/30/2020 at 11:32 AM, hopefulphd90 said:

Hi all, sent a follow up email to the Counseling program at Teachers College to see if all invites were sent out and they have. Good luck to those who got an invite. 

This is my first time applying to graduate school, but is it normal for a school to just not tell you anything? To just leave you hanging? Cause I also did extra steps to also apply for the Ed.M Counseling program so I'm not sure if that means I'm just not accepted for either or

Has anyone heard anything from Syracuse? I only have seen two posts on the results page.

In regards to Teachers College's clinical program (I'm in a MA program there): only one professor, Dr. Cha, has set up prelim. phone calls - as far as I know. Interviews should be extended in the beginning of Feb.. next week I'm thinking. Just a heads up! 

On 1/29/2020 at 3:44 PM, applicant17 said:

UCSB already had their interview weekend, so that's safe to assume rejection. This is my second cycle, and my experience last time was that unfortunately you either get invited or you never hear anything. :( Some programs also wait until the April 15 deadline to send official rejections, once they've 100% solidified their incoming cohort. My best advice would be to let these go if you haven't heard and it seems like most other people have, it's the worst feeling to keep holding out hope. 

Was your rejection from UMass Boston a mass email?

Hi, It wasn't a mass email, I think it may have been an individual email since the email ended with the offer to apply to their master's program.