PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

On 2/21/2021 at 4:43 PM, ♀HealthMatters said:

Hey everyone, now that we're over the Columbia portal nonsense - I just tried to login and it says access denied! Anyone else? 

On 2/21/2021 at 5:43 PM, EJ_PhD said:

I just checked and I still have access. Although a lot of their content seems outdated (still seeing notes about tech issues from November lol)

3 hours ago, PublicHealth545 said:

Anyone hear back from Columbia Epi?

2 hours ago, EJ_PhD said:

I'm still waiting! For reference, I was interviewed last Monday so there's probably a lengthy turnaround.

Also haven't heard anything from Columbia Epi (no interview, so not feeling hopeful). I just logged into the applicant portal and it still has the "thank you for your application" with the technical difficulty note from November. *sigh*

22 minutes ago, moosepup said:

Also haven't heard anything from Columbia Epi (no interview, so not feeling hopeful). I just logged into the applicant portal and it still has the "thank you for your application" with the technical difficulty note from November. *sigh*

So weird. I applied for the DrPH in epi, so slightly different, but still frustrating! 

13 minutes ago, Going4DrPH said:

Same for Environmental/Occupational (received invite last week). 

Nice! Mine is next week. Did you have yours already? One of the Program Managers of CHB emailed me. It wasn't clear on the format (phone or video), and who I'd be interviewing with. 

10 minutes ago, DrPH21 said:

Nice! Mine is next week. Did you have yours already? One of the Program Managers of CHB emailed me. It wasn't clear on the format (phone or video), and who I'd be interviewing with. 

Mine was yesterday via Zoom. My sense is that each department does their own thing (but they probably try to align timelines). I was given details on the format and who would be on the call. I had been considering CHB before deciding on E/O and the people I interacted with from that dept were incredibly nice! I'm sure they will offer more detail (or if you ask, they will!). 

Edited by Going4DrPH

33 minutes ago, Going4DrPH said:

Mine was yesterday via Zoom. My sense is that each department does their own thing (but they probably try to align timelines). I was given details on the format and who would be on the call. I had been considering CHB before deciding on E/O and the people I interacted with from that dept were incredibly nice! I'm sure they will offer more detail (or if you ask, they will!). 

Thank you so much! I just got the details including who would be on the call and the questions they'd be asking. Glad to hear it was a positive experience. I appreciate you sharing!

Ya'll I've been waitlisted at JHU for their Population, Family, and Reproductive Health program! I feel really good about this, since it was a good fit but not THE FIT, which to me means someone else deserves the slot.

If any of ya'll are headed to the beach/Tampa Bay (or as my husband says "Champa Bay"), please DM me. I'm excited to connect! 

PS. Because I trust the universe and really dig what it has to say, I took my name off of JHU’s waitlist. I’m hoping that bumps up one of our GradCafe folks!

Edited by MCH_Hopeful_2021

5 minutes ago, iepi said:

Thanks, @ASA15! and, Congratulations!! 

Thank you!!! Hope you hear positive news soon :) my email was nothing official or mandatory, just a kind heads up... I’d expect official stuff to be coming out this week? 

26 minutes ago, ProspectivePhD said:

I just accepted to Tulane's SBPS PhD Program!!!

Congrats!! Was it a personalized email or auto generated?

Edited by drunkenduck